Rotory improvement issue and question

gibvictory

Inspired
On firmware 17.04 I had a preset with a Rotory that was just the way I wanted it. When upgrading to the new firmware that included the new Rotory improvement I can't get close to what I had. So, I imported the old preset and something strange happened. Not only was the Rotory enabled on the other scenes, as expected, BUT it was disabled on the one scene it belonged on. When I enabled that block for that scene my old Rotory was there. When I bypass the Rotory block in the other scenes it's like deselecting and re selecting an amp to hear the upgrade and now the new Rotory is heard. I'm looking for a way around this.

If I remove the Rotory block from the preset can I then import the 17.04 Rotory block into the scene I want without it being enabled in the other scenes? How would I be able to get just the Rotory block from an old preset?

I also noticed when using scenes that if I enable a block in scene three, for example, that block is enabled in scenes four through eight but not the first three scenes. I'm thinking for my idea to work I would have to make the Rotory scene my last scene in the preset, yes? Any ideas? Anything I missed?

To clarify, the new rotory block is heard. It is an obvious change. I want to import my 17.04 rotory block into the same preset in 18.10 for just this one preset.

To clarify, the new rotory block is heard. It is an obvious change. I want to import my 17.04 rotory block into the same preset in 18.10 for just this one preset.

The 'under the hood' stuff in the block has been changed, so it's going to sound like the new model, regardless. The only way to sound like the old one is to run the older firmware.

Run 17.04 and write down all the parameters, go back to 18.11 and see which are different, change those to the 17.04's settings. This is when having two Axe Fx on top of one another is ideal.

I'll have to deal with the new under the new stuff then. I wrote down the parameters and they don't translate at all. I'm just going to tweak until I get close. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom