Rotary block in every preset? What happened?

Lately I haven't used my AFII much. I've been...distracted....by five vintage Marshalls I've picked up over the last year.

But I'd noticed that in the AFII, which is running Ares 2.0 firmware, nearly every preset has a rotary block in the chain and usually enabled.

I've also stopped to compare and realize that the block signal chain on many presets is identical in that they all have the same effects blocks
in the same order. And I mean close to ALL of them.

I admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention to that as I just use a few presets that work for me, and haven't gone through the rest in any detail,
but I'm just wondering when this happened. I don't remember that it was like that when I was running firmware 5 or 9. When I got the unit it was on 5,
and I updated to 9 until I updated to Ares 2.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

Firmware doesn't update presets...

Are you referring to factory presets?

If the Rotary block is on in all of them then likely it's attached to a pedal controller with auto engage and you don't have a Pedal approvals associated with that controller.

The non-XL factory presets had this problem due to being made and converted from XL format at some point. If you load the latest factory presets from the FA site the rotary should be bypassed in most of them. Many of the presets have the same (mostly bypassed) effect chain so that part isn't unusual.

OK, that makes sense. I just go through each preset and edit out the functions I don't want and resave them. Not a big deal. I just wanted to know why this had happened in the first place and I got my answer. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom