Rolling Back Firmware Help

hgwy407

Inspired
I attempted to roll back to 15 until Cygnus is through the beta phase. However when I roll the firmware back, all of my presets are gone. When I re-update to Cygnus everything is back to normal. I have never encountered this issue before and was wondering if anyone had any insight, please. As always, thank you.

I do have a backup and none of my presets were updated or saved on Cygnus. I get 100% empty presets, user and factory when I roll back.

I can do it from backup but I don’t recall ever having to do that in all my years using the Axe. It was always as simple as rolling back to an earlier firmware through Fractal-Bot but things change. Thank you brother.

I do have a backup and none of my presets were updated or saved on Cygnus. I get 100% empty presets, user and factory when I roll back.

I can do it from backup but I don’t recall ever having to do that in all my years using the Axe. It was always as simple as rolling back to an earlier firmware through Fractal-Bot but things change. Thank you brother.
That is definitely a new one on me...

But it sounds like all your presets got saved somehow.

You didn't do any moving in Manage Presets?

Yep, happened to me too. Rolling back will clear the preset if it was made in a newer firmware. I would probably prefer it to just delete the invalid blocks, but backup backup backup and take care with betas etc etc.

We’ve all suffered the forgot to back scenario, I feel your pain man.

Sorry to hear that.

I've been going back and forth between 15 and 16 so far with no issues. I have three banks on 15 with one bank copied for 16 so that I won't clobber my v15 presets . I haven't had to restore presets yet.

Back
Top Bottom