Roll up! See if your v5 preset appears here.

Inspired
You guys on here have all been great, I'm just trying to put a little back in my own ham fisted way, as your technical knowledge far exceeds mine. The Axe has saved my electric guitar playing. I can't use an amp because of noise issues, I have never owned a decent tube amp so I'm quite jealous of all you guys who have played the real things. I used to play flamenco for years and started playing electric guitar again at some point, using VST thingys. It all came to a head when I couldn't get a decent lead sound I liked, no matter what I did. Another thing...as my playing evolved so did my 'touch', it wasn't coming through. After giving up for a good while, I didn't like not playing guitar, so I decided I would have to get an amp head and a Palmer speaker simulator, never buying any of that digital s**t ever again.
Until I discovered the Axe... and I was right. The subtle 'touch' of playing was there, plus a responsiveness I've never felt before. To all you other guys who are thinking of purchasing: it sounds great but the 'feel' of the Axe is something that can't be conveyed in words.
So I got mine 27/02/12. Wow! No trouble finding decent sounds, you just switch it on, haha.
Anyway, just like to say again you guys have all been great. The way us n00bs are tolerated, able to ask [sometimes stupid!] questions without being flamed or accused of being a troll. If you're not a 'pro', you're not treated with disrespect. A forum that the owner/CEO actually reads and posts on and even invites suggestions too. Even implements them! I would never have been able to find out so much about this product without the help of you guys, so I decided to make you the star of the show here.

I had recorded nine little bits with v5. #4 is not written by me though. These mostly feature YOUR [v5] presets. These were recorded within two weeks of getting the Axe, and I hadn't played for a YEAR, fingers felt useless. I thought trying to write little bits so soon would force me to get going again.
This was done with a modified JEM77BRMR [which is now being refretted] and a Spector 6-stringed bass via USB into Sonar 8.5 with a Focusrite Pro 24 DSP soundcard. I only did the volumes and panning, no processing and no amending of presets, apart from some minor details below. I haven't short-changed yous as there's a bass on there as well, plus the BFD2 using various presets on the fly. I hope you guys don't criticise my playing too much and things will sound muddy as no production was done. If there's nothing in brackets after the preset, I'm not sure who it belongs to, I got them all in the one file, you see. No third party IRs were used.

1. 'Blackface Phaser 1' [Raca], l&r rhythm, '69 Marshall Super Lead', lead.
2. 'Marillion Clean', left. 'Vox AC30 TB', right. 'Best of Times Lead,' lead.
3. 'Modern Eddie' [Axe preset], rhythm.
4. 'Walking on the Moon' [Axe preset].
5. 'Rush Lead', right. 'Suck It (Dry)' [Smilefan], left.
6. '513 Triamp MkII 2B or not?', left, 'Good Vibes', right, 'FunkyFilter' left&right [Yek], 'Cliff's Lead' [Axe preset], incense lead with bell bottoms.
7. 'Rush', L+R rhythm, 'The Black Speech' [Smilefan, but formant controlled by pedal. left and right, I changed the vowels but can't remember to which] left, right and centre voices.
8. 'Pulsar', left [Smilefan, changed to A Dorian], 'Magic FunkyFilter' right [Smilefan], 'Night Falls', right [Smilefan], 'The Flange Gods', center [Smilefan], 'Mark Day's HBE2' [Axe preset, funny faces not included!] left and right heavy. Plus, two basses for the price of one in the first half.
9. 'Active Pickup Metal'.

Just goes to show you what an idiot can do on the fly with an Axe, even if with diminished playing [and probably mental!] capability.
Plus, it's at v6 now, too. Sounds even better than this!
We're all so fortunate Cliff said 'up yours' to his former employers and designed and built this.
Best audio-related thing I have ever bought, a true exception in the digital world.

Thanks, Fractal and forum users.

Not sure how to do this, here is the link mr1234's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Back
Top Bottom