roland gr -55 MIDI FRACTAL MFC 101

tommyh

Inspired
GENTS, I CAN NOT GET THE MFC TO CHANGE PARAMETERS ON THE ROLAND GR 55 VIA CC# FROM THE MFC. I CAN CHANGE PRESETS FINE; BUT AFTER SPENDING A GREAT DEAL OF TIME ,READING MANUAL ,ETC, I CAN NOT GET IT TO CHANGE; WHAT AM I MISSING ?:-x

i want to be able to change a parameter in the ROLAND GR -55 via a cc # from the MFC.
EXAMPLE: I want to turn the piano sound off (within a roland preset) right now I have the piano (on/off )assigned to a GK/switch on my brian moore midi guitar:
But it would be much better if i could assign a cc# from the MFC to do it. I might add; the reason i'm doing this is to keep the GR 55 out of my way in live situations.
So only the MFC (and an expression pedal) are on stage. forgive me for not being clear ,ive never been good at writing

right now I have the piano (on/off )assigned to a GK/switch on my brian moore midi guitar:

On the GR-55 you have to Assign Source to CC's.

3 time , yes i did all that with the assigns, i know theyre communicating because the presets change ,
also the expression pedal works (to lets say the speed of the rotary in the organ preset,(in the GR 55) and yes i assigned the cc to control that particular parameter

Last edited:
But what have you done on the MFC? Did you set a switch to a certain CC#? could you make a video if you're not comfortable with writing?

We can't tell you what you may have done wrong if you don't tell us what you have done, somehow.

ok i will make a video, by the way when are you gonna do another live tutorial,the last one was GREAT !

Hi there. I also run a GR-55 with my Fractile and I use the MFC to change the presets. The electric midi guitar I use is a Godin and it has a midi on/off switch and a blend knob. My suggestion is to use the midi switch on your guitar to kill the midi when you don't need it. If you don't have this switch on your guitar, I would recommend that you add one. I am not familiar with the guitar you mentioned but my switch functions like a regular pick up switch so its really simple to bring the midi in and out. I have more issues with the midi level than I do with turning it on and off. Midi CC's are the answer!! LOL

Good luck with your set up.

i have a couple of BRIAN MOORE midi guitars and do use the midi switch on the guitars to turn on/ off PCM's on the ROLAND ; However it would be better if i could achieve this function by using the MFC ia switches as to not impede my playing

Back
Top Bottom