Roland FC-200?

danielodland

Inspired
Has anyone used this with the AFX? I got a good offer on one, and it's either that or Behringer 1010 (without UNO). I'm assuming the boss one can't do IA? I know the Behringer can't.

I have owned an FC200 for about 6 years and to be honest, i've never used it. I just don't like it (too big and not diverse enough). It's still in the box sitting in my studio.

As far as it's capabilities, it is limited. You can use it in Preset Change mode or Control Message mode but not a combination of the 2.
So in Control mode you can have all of the pedals work as I/As.
In Preset mode you can use the on board CTL Pedal for a single I/A as well as the Expression Pedal for other assignments and it does take up to 6 external pedals so you could whack in some extra switches for I/As if you wish.

The bottom line is that whilst i don't personally like it ( it has just never suited my needs) it is by far a better pedal than a Behringer FC1010 IMO.

teejay said:
I have owned an FC200 for about 6 years and to be honest, i've never used it. I just don't like it (too big and not diverse enough). It's still in the box sitting in my studio.

As far as it's capabilities, it is limited. You can use it in Preset Change mode or Control Message mode but not a combination of the 2.
So in Control mode you can have all of the pedals work as I/As.
In Preset mode you can use the on board CTL Pedal for a single I/A as well as the Expression Pedal for other assignments and it does take up to 6 external pedals so you could whack in some extra switches for I/As if you wish.

The bottom line is that whilst i don't personally like it ( it has just never suited my needs) it is by far a better pedal than a Behringer FC1010 IMO.

Oh, I understand its limited. I am on MFC list, just need something to change presets and a expression pedal while waiting. The main reason I liked it better than FCB1010, was it only has 1 pedal. I dont need 2, so 1 pedal is less space =)
What I really wanted to know was whether someone has had bad experience with it (do switches stop working after 2 weeks? Does the ex pedal have a calibration problem? Does it break when stepping a little too hard on it? Is the interface a bitch? Does it smell like diapers?)

Back
Top Bottom