Roland/Boss Acoustic AC3 sim?

cemusic

Inspired
So I have this Roland Cube 80X that I use for jazz trio gigs--it sounds great for that--but lately I have realized that the "Acoustic Sim" model, while it does not do what it is supposed to do, which is make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic, actually sounds really good with an acoustic guitar--almost like an acoustic amp with a co-ax speaker. To the point where I have stopped dragging around my Clarus/Razers Edge Coaxial setup for nylon solo or nylon jazz gigs, I just use the Cube. I know it's not just me and my predisposition for laziness, because I get tons of complements about how great my inexpensive classical guitar sounds with that setup!

So…does anyone know what's going on with that "Acoustic Sim" setting and how to get close with the AxeII?

I run the Axe II into a Matrix GT800 and an EV12L ported cab, so am not doing the FRFR thing. Which seems be about like the Cube setup.

Thanks!

Most "acoustic sims" are just an applied EQ.

If you like the sound of this particular sim, just tonematch it. The results should be pretty indentical.

Back
Top Bottom