Rocktron Hex with All Access - Power Q

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Im after a Hex to go with my All access - but antone know how its powered (if indeed it is). Is it battery? if so how long does that last? Is it mains adaptor compatible?

Most importantly - can it be phantom powered by the All Access?

Silly maybe, but I dont see the poit of phantom powering the All Access from the Axe-FX If I then need a power supply - hence mains cable - for the Hex.

I believe the Rocktron Hex is a passive volume/expression pedal. It doesn't need any sort of power, either external or internal, to operate.

To use it as an expression pedal, you'll need a stereo 1/4" patch cord (TRS-to-TRS). Plug one end into the Expression jack on the HEX pedal, and the other end into PEDAL1 or PEDAL2 on the All Access.

More info: http://www.rocktron.com/site/products/controllers/hex/

You're right about the powering, xrist04. The Hex needs no power supply on its own. However, I think you should plug it to the All Access, and not the Axe. I've heard about some people having trouble using it with the Axe input. Haven't tried, because I didn't see the point of having a long cable going back to the rack when I can have a short one going to the All Access.

Back
Top Bottom