Rocktron Hex questions...

Benkenove

Hi Guys... I'm starting to "design" my future pedalboard (with midicontroller + wah expression pedal + volume exp. pedl.), and got a few doubts

As Stilwell wont do any crybabe mod ever :( (sadly for us all which were not so fast to do it on time)... I'm thinking on getting a Rocktron HEx for the wah of my Ultra... now some tiny doubts..:

1.- can someone give me the meassures of the pedal itself ?

I've read that you have to reverse tip and ring for use when connected DIRECTLY to an Axe-Fx pedal port... BUT:
2.- Do I have to reverse it as well IF I connect it to the Pedalboard directly, instead of to the Axe-Fx ?? (pedalboards like the next MFC, gaspedal, FX1 or similar ???

And ok, I know is not Hex related but...
3.- If I use a Ernie ball VP Jr 25K (P06181) plugged into the pedalboard... Do I need to make any mod ?? or can the pedalboards (like MFC, etc) convert between linear/log and send MIDI from that to the Axe-Fx ??

Thanks again, and excuse my ignorance !!!

Ben.

Benkenove said:
As Stilwell wont do any crybabe mod ever :( (sadly for us all which were not so fast to do it on time)...

You can do it yourself with just basic knowledge of soldering. Or ask a friend.

I had an old Crybabe which did not work anymore. I replaced one jack with a stereo jack, connected the taper to it, done. I did not even have to remove the electronics from the inside.

Best regards
Friedlieb

We have no specific info on the MFC, so any answers there would be conjecture, not something to base real decisions off of.

I reversed the polarity on my Hex for the AF but when I wanted to use it in my Midimate, I had to make a reverse polarity cable as the MM wants the unchanged polarity. Easy stuff if you solder much.

Thanks for the answers...

Well, I dont like the idea of buying a pedal to actually have to poen it myself and see what I do, cause I have no experience.

My old plan was to buy a crybabe, and send it to stilwel, but now it not possible, that is why I will get the hex...

As far as I can see and read... the hex would work perfectly with the pedalboards... but not directly to the Axe-Fx pedal outs... no problem cause I will plug it in the pedalboard for sure ;).

BLUESDOC... could you PLEASE give me the meassures of the HEX pedal please ???

Thanks...

I'm not Bluesdoc, but the Hex pedal is 3 1/2" wide, 9 3/4" long & 2 1/2" high, approximately

Thank yaaaa :D

Cool... it's the same size than the EB Jr... so they will fit perfectly in the pedalboard I'm designing ;)

Ben.

Does the Rocktron Hex contain log or linear taper? I tried to search but couldn't find an answer. There was discussion about this on the old forum but the new forum took over before we got an answer. I think stilwel bought a Rocktron Hex and was curious about the pot so maybe he knows.

It's log taper.

No one....and I mean NO ONE, makes a linear taper pot that can be put inside a wah-style volume pedal.

Thanks for the taper info. Has anyone modified their Rockton Hex pedal to contain a linear taper? Just want to know if it's possible to do. I recently modify my EBjr to contain a linear taper so I guess I could do the same for the Hex. I would be using the Hex as an expression pedal so the linear taper should be better?

Back
Top Bottom