Rocktron Hex and auto on/off

PosterBoy

Inspired
Anyone have problems using this pedal and getting it to turn off ?

I started to use mine for whammy but after using it for a solo it would intermittently keep coming back on again

You might try adjusting the Auto Engage speed from Fast to Medium, or from Medium to Slow.

Are you connecting your Rocktron HEX expression pedal to the Axe-Fx's PEDAL inputs, or to a MIDI controller?

No problems here, of course need to make sure it's below 15% or whatever it is to switch off. Have you made sure it's calibrated correctly and not slowly moving up.

I can not get my Hex to work right unless it is connected to the Axe - which is quite lame for keeping things simple at a gig. If it is connected to the pedal 1 out from my mid mate - there are the known issues - that apparently I need to re-solder the the stereo cable and invert the polarity or some such crap to make it work correctly. But who has time for that ?

Also auto engage doesn't work if you have drunk chicks jumping on stage and grinding periodically through the night - as they tend to always tip the pedal and switch it on. I would like to find an expression pedal that has a toe switch like a regular wah or something like - may god forbid me for saying this here on the AXFX forum - the Line 6 Floorboard.

Ok assassinate me.

spakuloid said:
I would like to find an expression pedal that has a toe switch like a regular wah or something like - may god forbid me for saying this here on the AXFX forum - the Line 6 Floorboard.
My engineer friend built a pedal like this for me. He just shipped it to me and I'm waiting for it to arrive. It has uses both pedal inputs on the back of the Fractal (one for the CC, one for the Byp switch). He says he would be glad to make them for others. PM me if you're interested and I'll let you know when he determines a reasonable price for making them.

Thats a great idea and easy to make especially if you have an unused wah laying around , Just rewire the switch

Yep - easy to do from an old wah or pedal shell from Small Bear. You'd need to change the wah pot as well. I've built one myself and it works well and I'm not an electronics expert by any means.

Chris

It would be awesome to build one that has 2 switches (one at the heel and one at the toe), so toe-down engages a wah like usual, and heel down engages a whammy in the neutral (no pitch change) position, ready to go!

with the new fractal foot controller having 6 inputs, there would be plenty of room... i may make it!

The Exp pedal that came with my old ADA MXC footcontroller has a toe switch that's assignable to any CC# when you program the MXC.
I'd use the toe switch to trigger the AFX Wah, but it's not reliable for some reason.
So I use Auto Engage (on slow) for now.

Having a toe switch in an exp pedal is a great idea, but then you also need a footcontroller that knows what to do with the extra switch.
The ADA is the only one I'm aware of that does this.
The Lexicon RP footcontroller had a toe switch built into one of the 2 pedals as I recall. But it's a POS.

Back
Top Bottom