Rocktron All access

srrdude

I see that this is recommended on the wiki, what do you guys think of buying this as opposed to holding out for the mfc? I can pick up a used all access for abut 400 usd, do we have any idea about the mfc pricing?

At that price I think you should consider it. They are almost $1000 new and regulary can be seen going for more than that. I think everyone wants to MFC because it is made for the axe but not knowing the price point and although it looks like it is closer to coming out than ever we still don't know when. That makes me say get the AA

what do you see them going for?

I watched a black one with the hex pedal go for 550 last week. Had i the money at the time i wouldve gotten it instead of this lame blue one.

What I meant was that they are around $1000 new and I have seen them go for more (used) than the one you are looking at. $550 and up is what I have seen them up for although everyonce and a while we see deals like the one you're looking at.

I have had mine for the past 13-14 years great board! And that is a good price for the one you are looking at.
Old as this board is there is only one board I would consider an upgrade and that is the Liquid Foot. I am curios about the MFC myself but have noticed in a photo of it that it has a few less buttons than the Liquid Foot. I have been thinking about upgrading to a Liquid Foot but more for convenience than anything else. The All Access is not a outdated board.

The "convenience" I'm referring to is more buttons (for the control freak in me)

And a editor (for the control freak in me)

I own both an All Access and a Liquid Foot Pro. The All Access is very traditional and very stable. In comparison, it is also very limited in comparison to the LFP. I used my All Access for the first month of using my AxeFx Ultra. I was just dying to have more information about what was available on any patch. That is where the LFP shines. You can set it up to where a switch is green for on, red for off, and no light at all for the effect not available on this patch. Plus the ability to chain patches and other newer concepts make the LFP a no brainer to me. I have not used my All Access since getting the LFP. Also, the All Access song mode sucks. It is just numbers. Very LAME! I am an old Midi Mitigator user and song mode is so important. That was always the downfall of the All Access IMHO.

Depending on needs, you could get the LF Jr for same as the All Access. LF Pro for a few hundred more. Much more complete and usable for me.

i think the liquid foot jr may be too small, and is saw one for for 600 on ebay, would sooner buy the regular new for 899, but i dont know if i want to spend that much on a floor controller. Maybe after the backup on the orders gets caught up ill find a used one somewhere.

lets put it this way,

Given the choice of only these two, would you prefer the all access or the LF jr?

Looking back at the junior,i do see an appeal to the physical size of the thing, but the amount of buttons is disturbing.

LFJ does not have nearly enough buttons for me for the price that you can get the all access there is no better option. The LFP rocks but it is way more cash. When thinking of the price of the LFP plus all the trouble the guys have been reporting with ordering a new one I would say wait to see what happens with the MFC. But again the AA is great and that is a great price. You won't have a problem selling it if you do not like it.

Back
Top Bottom