Rock Guitar School with Paul Gilbert

Rockguitarzan

Experienced
I decided it was time to expand upon my abilities and techniques. Private lessons were to damn expensive. So joined the Rock Guitar School with Paul Gilbert. There are lots of lesson videos. Ive also been in contact with him thru email about what goals I want to accomplish. Since shredding speed and techniques are what I want, I have the opportunity to send him a video which he will give me feedback on how to alter or improve what Im doing.
Im not familiar with the bands he was in, but he has a great enthusiastic personality that I value in a teacher. . Im psyched.

I love Paul. He's a guitar nerd and understands the 'play' in music also means having fun. Dude has hands like an alien face hugger though. Soooo Jelly.

Paul's a great teacher! He was at GIT when I attended and his counseling room was always standing room only. Far and away one of my favorite teachers. He has a great sense of humor and half the ego one should have for someone with his level of talent and skill. Check out some of his stuff from The Electric Fence for songs/chops from that era.

Paul's a great teacher! He was at GIT when I attended and his counseling room was always standing room only. Far and away one of my favorite teachers. He has a great sense of humor and half the ego one should have for someone with his level of talent and skill. Check out some of his stuff from The Electric Fence for songs/chops from that era.

Yes, I have been. Amazing chops and a real "mench".

A friend of mine saw Mr Big supporting Queensryche at Rock City, Nottingham, in late '80s / early '90s.

He met Paul after the gig and said, "Seeing you play makes me want to sell my gear..".

Paul replied, "Make sure you get a good deal!"
biggrin.gif

Im not familiar with the bands he was in, but he has a great enthusiastic personality that I value in a teacher. . Im psyched.

So stoked for you Rockguitarzan. Definitely check out some Racer X stuff to get more familiar with where Paul came from. I remember his old VHS tapes that I grew up on when he was about 52 lbs: Video here

There's random cheerleaders throughout that video and it was weird, but I learned what I WANTED to be like someday. He is definitely a legend on the guitar and that is one of the many reasons I played Ibanez for so many years (and Steve Vai, Satch & Wes Borland).

Good luck man, I'm intrigued and I may join you after I finish up my undergrad and find time (keep us updated please!)... Thanks for sharing!

Bit O Trivia, the Bassist for The Electric Fence was none other than Satchel (aka Russ Parrish) from Steel Panther

Appreciate the trivia, unfortunately it went right over my head. Never heard of The Electric Fence or Steel Panther. Im from the Woodstock Generation ;)

So stoked for you Rockguitarzan. Definitely check out some Racer X stuff to get more familiar with where Paul came from. I remember his old VHS tapes that I grew up on when he was about 52 lbs: Video here

There's random cheerleaders throughout that video and it was weird, but I learned what I WANTED to be like someday. He is definitely a legend on the guitar and that is one of the many reasons I played Ibanez for so many years (and Steve Vai, Satch & Wes Borland).

Good luck man, I'm intrigued and I may join you after I finish up my undergrad and find time (keep us updated please!)... Thanks for sharing!

Will do! :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom