AFIII Rocco's 80s Hair Metal w/ GGD Studio Cab Zilla Full Mix Feedback

Cephara

Looking for feedback on my mixing abilities. I have been practicing mixing on and off for the better part of two years, and I think have finally reached a point in quality that sounds commercial grade. Or at least I hope so. Bass guitar and toms have been the bane of my existence when it comes to mixing, but I think I finally put them in a great spot with this mix (after so many mediocre\bad mixes). This is first one that I've made that sounds good on all my go to speakers, but I would appreciate unbiased feedback. I'm always trying to improve, and I'm sure I'm just to used to the song now.

Disclosure: While a song per se; it is a hodgepodge I gave up on while I was getting frustrated with tones when re-tracking certain parts with a different guitar. Ultimately I just started throwing ideas down, and didn't really develop a better structure. I am not a lead guitarist, so the "solos" are a painful reminder that they are place holder for when I can actually figure something good out. In the end, I've just been more interested in mixing than song writing for awhile now, and I hope my dedication has payed off.

The drums are Invasion. Bass preset is made from Sonic Drive Studio's video for the Axe-FX (no DI used in mix), and rhythm and lead are Rocco's with GGD's cabs. Edge of Breakup is I think one of the Wrecker amp models (I'm glad I found those because they sound great).

Again, any feedback or advice is appreciated.

The balancing of your tracks is really good, so that is a great start. I dont know if you mastered the track yourself or not, but you have a lot of mid range build up in the track, also have some in the toms too. It all sounds like it is building up around 200-300hz. Best way to get rid of this is to high pass individual tracks along the way as you are mixing. It also sounds like the track as a whole could be brighter. Usually boasting from 8k or so on the mastering bus helps this. I hope all of this helps!

Back
Top Bottom