Roadie Tuner

Interesting idea, but having to use your phone and the device is a pain, especially if you have to plug an electric into your phone with an adapter. Would be better if it was all self contained and if it sensed the tuning by direct contact like clip-on headstock tuners.

Interesting idea, but having to use your phone and the device is a pain, especially if you have to plug an electric into your phone with an adapter. Would be better if it was all self contained and if it sensed the tuning by direct contact like clip-on headstock tuners.

I don't know that its quite like that. From what I read you don't have to connect your guitar to your phone or anything. I think your phone just is there to be the interface to pick what tuning...etc. Pretty sure it's not worth 100 bucks for me but still a cool idea. Way better than those robot guitars IMO.

Agreed - I actually think my use would be more restringing and stretching strings. Depending on how well it works of course.

Actually it's rather clever because most solutions are for one instrument and that's all. If you have to restring more than a few guitars it's probably great.

Now I always tune up to pitch, never down, I wonder if this does the same thing.

The phone is required. The phone app is actually what processes the incoming audio signal to see if it is in tune or not. The winder is simply a small motor that is controlled via a bluetooth interface. It uses the phones microphone to tune acoustics and you have to use an adapter to tune an electric guitar. I agree with Luke. Solution in search of a problem.

Nah, just crack on regardless!

Reminds me of The Shags, great girls band BTW. Yeah I guess this is what my axe would sound like, given the zero amount of time available for tuning on stage during performance (4-6 times a year...) ...just the idea of pulling out my smartphone and the Roady is a sketch on itself I'm afraid of. For the time being I prefer tapping on the "tuner" button of the Axe Fx and on recall for coming back to the band.

The phone is required. The phone app is actually what processes the incoming audio signal to see if it is in tune or not. The winder is simply a small motor that is controlled via a bluetooth interface. It uses the phones microphone to tune acoustics and you have to use an adapter to tune an electric guitar. I agree with Luke. Solution in search of a problem.

I stand corrected! Couldn't watch the video earlier.

You'd think with the technology in the clip on tuners there would be a tuner on the winder instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really! sorry but I'm going to be the one that poo poo's this idea. I can't stand these types of gimmicks, if your so damn lazy and can't turn the tuning key to tune a guitar then you need to go back to basics and learn.

I agree with the other issues and add the issue of the "guitar that won't tune". You know the one. The one that "in tune" means it sounds like a deaf choir, and you have to tune, then tune it to a chord to actually be in tune? That one, usually an acoustic with a bad factory intonation job. Can it tune that one?

Back
Top Bottom