Roadhouse remake

We just watched it….It was worse than I ever thought it could be. We are dumber for having watched it.

Pauly
I have taken all the drama in stride in recent years with all the shitty remakes, reboots and general committee approved movies that have been put out. I didn't watch the new Star Wars movies, I ignored the Ghostbuster reboot and so on and so forth. No problem.

I just learned that they are remaking ROADHOUSE with Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead, and my mouth has looked like this ever since.

View attachment 133840

Is nothing sacred?

We just watched it….It was worse than I ever thought it could be. We are dumber for having watched it.

Pauly
It was terrible , wife wanted to watch it , I did not make it to the end
Connor is a horrible actor
Sadly, I expect the remake of the Crow w Skarsgard to be about the same although Bill can actually act vs Connor

Isn't that the Dredd remake?

The picture is off of the most recent Dredd movie, but wasn't really a remake.
It was a new story and an absolutely brilliant film, my favourite film of the past few years.
Mainly because they respected the lore of the character and did Dredd right.

I watched the new Roadhouse the other week. I couldn't make my mind up if Connor was taking the pi55 or not, but thought he was the funniest thing in the film.
Other than that it was a miserable big ball of why did you bother

It was a new story and an absolutely brilliant film, my favourite film of the past few years.

I watched the new Roadhouse the other week. I couldn't make my mind up if Connor was taking the pi55 or not, but thought he was the funniest thing in the film.
Dredd with Karl Urban is \m/

We rewatched both the OG and the Gyllenhall Roadhouse over the weekend. The OG characters had CHEMISTRY and while it was an idiotic film in the best of 80s ways; you bought it precisely because of that chemistry.

Gyllenhall should get hazard pay for his performance. McGregor was enjoyably terrible and their CGI fights were good I'd say. The love interest and her sheriff father were some of the worst performances I have seen in a movie in years and absolutely dreadful. The polar opposite of chemistry exhibited by Swayze and Kelly whatsherface in the original.

Ben Gazzara as Brad Wesley was the best villain ever lol
He was great. Despite being generally a sawed off charicature; he played menacing quite convincingly. Compared to the remake where
they seemed to switch villain focus every 15 minutes. The opening fight scene was actually really good to me. And Dell did a pretty good job at being a dumb henchman.

He was great. Despite being generally a sawed off charicature; he played menacing quite convincingly. Compared to the remake where
they seemed to switch villain focus every 15 minutes. The opening fight scene was actually really good to me. And Dell did a pretty good job at being a dumb henchman.
As you said it was the characters Wesley was great
As was his henchmen
My favourite line in the entire movie . “ I didn’t see nothing did you see anything Tigger ?
No , a polar bear landed on me

As you said it was the characters Wesley was great
As was his henchmen
My favourite line in the entire movie . “ I didn’t see nothing did you see anything Tigger ?
No , a polar bear landed on me
My favorite line isn't something I am going to type out on a forum :D Dude delivering the line said it perfectly vs. Connor and his dumb-walk thing he did the whole movie :confused::D

Dredd with Karl Urban is \m/

We rewatched both the OG and the Gyllenhall Roadhouse over the weekend. The OG characters had CHEMISTRY and while it was an idiotic film in the best of 80s ways; you bought it precisely because of that chemistry.

Gyllenhall should get hazard pay for his performance. McGregor was enjoyably terrible and their CGI fights were good I'd say. The love interest and her sheriff father were some of the worst performances I have seen in a movie in years and absolutely dreadful. The polar opposite of chemistry exhibited by Swayze and Kelly whatsherface in the original.

Nailed it

Plus wasn't it funny them going on how good the weather was despite the fact it kept looking like it was about to rain heavily

Reactions: JTI
Nailed it

Plus wasn't it funny them going on how good the weather was despite the fact it kept looking like it was about to rain heavily
I thought the humor up through the Kokomo scene was actually good. The minute he went to the hospital and met the Dr.; everything else went south almost immediately. Ugh.

I thought the humor up through the Kokomo scene was actually good. The minute he went to the hospital and met the Dr.; everything else went south almost immediately. Ugh.

Yes, because beating up a bunch of dudes then driving them to hospital whilst having your back to them is always a wise tactical move
I

• Haha
Reactions: JTI
Yes, because beating up a bunch of dudes then driving them to hospital whilst having your back to them is always a wise tactical move
I
Very true! But I don't go to a movie like this for gritty realism :D

I just used the picture for it's emotive quality, no other connection.
But Dredd was indeed great fun to watch!

Back
Top Bottom