AFIII Rivera M100 vs Axe Fx Super Reverb

Hey guys, a few months back I bought an early 90s Rivera M100 4x10 combo to scratch my Slave to The Grind itch. Yes it is amazing for that, it has a very thick and fuzzy channel 1 while channel 2 is the "fender" cleaner channel. I didn't spend much time on channel 2 or with the 4x10 for that matter, until a few days ago I started wondering maybe what Fender it took inspiration from, seeing as Paul Rivera was known for modding Fenders and was a designer at Fender back in the day. I've also been on a Dead Kennedys kick lately so the Super Reverb was the amp I really wanted to see if I could copy, also seeing as both a Super Reverb and my M100 are both 4x10. While they're not identical I was pretty happy with how close I could get.

Dry tones are just the Rivera stock and then the Axe Fx model with no additional EQ and no settings beyond the basic controls. For the delay tone I have a FET boost with very minimal boost going into the mono tape delay before the amp. All clips are into the same Dyna-Cab 2x10 Super_6G4 IR.

First is the Rivera, second is the Axe Fx Super Reverb vibrato model.

I'm curious about the M100 dirt sounds and how to get them on the AF or FM. Specifically the Slave to the Grind tones.
How were you doing that?

I'm curious about the M100 dirt sounds and how to get them on the AF or FM. Specifically the Slave to the Grind tones.
How were you doing that?
Unfortunately I was not able to replicate the lead channel in the Axe III, honestly I couldn't get very close beyond just another high gain tone. I really hope they add it someday as it was very unique and sounded great. I sold the amp a few months ago for a JCM800. It was a great amp but I've always wanted a JCM800 and couldn't have both.

Back
Top Bottom