RIP Sean Connery

DAMN ..., more reason to want to put 2020 in the rearview as soon as possible !

1st Eddie ( one of my favorite guitarists ) ..., and ...,
now Mr. Connery ( one of my favorite actors ) !

Grew up during the Roger Moore years so not familiar with Mr Connery’s Bond character. Still, love every movie he was subsequently in. RIP.

How could you not see Sean Connery's Bond at some point in your life? :oops: There is such a thing after all as video on demand. Hell, there even used to be such a thing as VCR tape. Or television! It's not like they never aired any of the James Bond movies at some point in your life. And I grew up during the Roger Moore years as well.

Being the proper oldness to have lived thru the first wave of Bondmania (concurrent and in some ways equivilent to Beatlemania..the Brits were certainly on a roll in the early mid 60s..) this passing hurts deep. One of (My most treasured early toy was a Corgi model of 007’s
Aston Martin from Goldfinger..even had The ejector seat!
gallery
JAMES-BOND-007-ASTON-MARTIN-No-261-CORGI-TOYS-DB5

Damn... It sucks getting old as all these people we grew up with are going at a high rate.

Thanks for all the great entertainment, Mr Connery!

How could you not see Sean Connery's Bond at some point in your life? :oops: There is such a thing after all as video on demand. Hell, there even used to be such a thing as VCR tape. Or television! It's not like they never aired any of the James Bond movies at some point in your life. And I grew up during the Roger Moore years as well.
Guilty as charged... just never got round to them....hanging my head in shame..

An icon for sure. Any bond debate only applies to those who came after him. The wife frequently quotes the last crusade and rock...and who else could get away with a thick Scottish accent as a Russian typhoon driver?

And let’s not forget His celebrity jeopardy appearances on SNL.

Back
Top Bottom