RIP Myles Goodwyn

So sad.. I grew up listening to (and attending concerts) of April Wine.
Electric Jewels and Stand Back were my favourite April Wine albums.
Back in June Myles did a song writers circle in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with Bryan Potvin(Northern Pikes - She Ain't Pretty) and Matt Minglewood(another Nova Scotia artist). I'm even sadder :disrelieved: now that I could not get tickets to that event.
RIP Myles.

WHAT? Oh man...
I saw April Wine many times from the late 70's thru 2009 and they always brought it.
RIP.

Last edited:

That song probably made the most money. I Like to Rock is playing on a loop on my head since I read the OP. Sign of a Gypsy Queen was one of my favs back then. The loop changes to that and 5 minutes later it’s back to I Like to Rock. I have noted this happens to me when I hear of a musician passing on. My brain plays their music for a little while.

Sad to hear this...growing up they were one of our favorite Canadian 70's rock bands and have been a radio staple since 1974 or so. Lot's of great, straight ahead rock tunes with cool vocal melodies and harmonies, crunchy guitars, and grooves.

Saw them several times over the years but an arena show I saw about 1981 or so was particularly sensational.

RIP, and thanks for the music Mr. Goodwyn...

Another bummer. He was a songwriting machine with playing and singing skills to match. Besides the great original rockers April Wine did a cover of 21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson. Gotta admire the balls to do that.

R.I.P. Myles Goodwyn

Back
Top Bottom