RIP Jim Marshall

Sad, sad news indeed, "monumental" is inadequate to describe this man's contribution to modern music.

Vale Jim.

Even though I have been converted to an Axe user, Jim Marshall is a man who will be greatly missed for his contributions. Without him, there probably wouldn't be an Axe FX today.

I once met Jim and his daughter at the local pub when Marshall came along to demonstrate some gear. What a lovely gent he was. He signed a Jimi Hendrix poster for me and looking thoughtfully at the picture poster of Jimi on stage back in the late '60's said, 'Ahhh dear James, we all miss him'. Those words seem so ironic on this sad day. God bless 'ya Jim Marshall, RIP.

I had the honour to shake his hand and get an autograph two or three years ago at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt ... I just feel very sad right now

88 years is a pretty good run with the life that he got to lead, the experiences he had, and the people he called friends and family by his side. I wish we all could be so fortunate.
Be happy for him and the awesome life he had.

I once met Jim and his daughter at the local pub when Marshall came along to demonstrate some gear. What a lovely gent he was. He signed a Jimi Hendrix poster for me and looking thoughtfully at the picture poster of Jimi on stage back in the late '60's said, 'Ahhh dear James, we all miss him'. Those words seem so ironic on this sad day. God bless 'ya Jim Marshall, RIP.

You're right. Every occasion we met he was a gentleman. Not brash or outspoken, but a quietly confident. He will be greatly missed, but never forgotten. How many of us will leave a legacy like his?

Back
Top Bottom