RIP: AC/DC (2014) ?

Looks to be true, sadly. Just watched them live last night from the BLACK ICE tour, fucking killer band. Was ready to pony up to see them for the 40th anniversary tour...

Mega doh! Ive seen them on every major tour the last 20 years. They never disappointed! I wish him well.

I saw Black Sabbath twice last week and Iommi is beyond still pro. He is all business on that SG and had me sold. I wish him well as well!

Wow... I wondered when this was going to happen, It's a bummer but considering how hard they rocked maybe it's time. That said 40 years of head banging has to be a record and I can truly say that this is one of the most iconic bands of are time and help me cut my teeth on hard rock guitar. Malcom is the rhythm of that band and has one of the best guitar tones ever they will be missed but not forgotten.

I wouldn't write them off just yet, depending on the severity of Malcolm's stroke and his recovery. I imagine it will put them on hiatus for a good while at least, but I can see how coming back to play and end the band on their terms would be an incentive for him to rehab as much as he can. It sounds like he was not completely incapacitated since they convened the band rehearsals after the stroke apparently. If he's lost the fine motor control he needs to play, it's possible he can get enough of that back to gig again. Too early to tell based on scant info at this point.

Why the sadness... i mean, this guys had been at this since 1973, they have given us so much and then so much more.... just hope the rumor of Malcolm Young being ill is just that, a rumor.

They had a good run and if so will join the ranks of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin as classic rock acts of yore. I'm glad I got to see them for the one and possibly only time on the Black Ice tour in 2009.

He did unfortunately have a serious stroke with a blot clot. He apparently does not remember how to play guitar.

Extraordinarily sad. One of the all-time great rhythm guitarists.

I think AC DC fans have all they could wish for as far as longevity of their productive output and how they never seemed to compromise etc. etc. I mostly feel for Malcom. Think about it. Poor guy cannot do the thing that has basically defined him for his entire life. I sure hope he can rehab at least to the point where he can play guitar again. Never mind touring. Just playing.

Sad news if confirmed.

I'm not sure whether to respect or disagree with the idea that they should quit AC\DC forever if Malcolm can't play. On one hand I respect it, after all it was Malcolm's band from the very beginning. On the other hand, you have the other guys all set to record, tour and kick ass again on stage for millions of happy fans in stadiums worldwide.

I'd like to think if I was Malcolm, I would encourage the other lads to carry on without me, for the benefit of all.

And then I would call Robboman to see if he was free to sub for the rhythm guitar spot on tour :)

If they would go on without Malcolm, they would become the same obsolete theatre band like Kiss. If they quit, they leave the Building as Legends.
Really sad, ...although I'm Not a big Fan, I honour their livetime achievement for Rock'n'Roll....best wishes to the Young Family ...

If they would go on without Malcolm, they would become the same obsolete theatre band like Kiss. If they quit, they leave the Building as Legends.
Really sad, ...although I'm Not a big Fan, I honour their livetime achievement for Rock'n'Roll....best wishes to the Young Family ...

Though I agree if Malcom is not up to the task of touring I think they should probably retire... that said they did go on without Bon but that was 36 years ago.

It is true that Malcom will at least needs to take an extended break to try and recover. That is a serious problem.

Back
Top Bottom