Rig scheme.

The Whale

Inspired
Gang -

Now that we're all thinking of removing our Axe Fx from racks and putting them on the floor via the Ax8, what does the rest of your rig look like? Are you guys planning on playing FRFR rigs? Are you hanging onto a small rack with a power amp in it and running a traditional cab? Running into the loop of your favorite tube combo? What's the plan?

M

I plan to remove the rack from the stage altogether. On the floor the AX8, two expression pedals (a Boss FV500 or Fractal EV1 for volume/effect control and a spring-loaded Mission for Wah), and the Shure GLXD6 wireless receiver, all rigged up in a hard case, ready to go. One cable from the AX8 to the PA (Behringer X32), and a cable from the Behringer mixer to my QSC K10 monitor and I'm done.

One exp pedal, and most likely one 1x12 Xitone wedge for me. Simple. It will be something I can eventually carry in one trip.

I'll be running a small pedalboard with the AX8/EV-1, some external switches, a drive (in the FX loop for scene control), and possibly a compressor (if I can't fit one into my preset template). Most the time that rig will run stereo into my Stulce SA-10 and whatever other amp I'm using at church that week (usually a Morgan AC-20), but I'll have a patch rigged up for direct use if needed.

This is what I’m planning:

Pedal%20Board%20PT%20mini_zpszowtbjd4.jpg

AX8 with two mission expression pedals. I mini expression knob (for master volume) and switches from T1M EFFECTS, all fitted on a Pedaltrain 2.

One powered speaker, currently running a Yamaha DXR10 but will maybe replace this with a Xitone. 2 guitars in a Mono bag. Done!

I'm making a switch from AXE2 so basically the AXE2+MFC portion will be replaced by AX8.

AX8 + EV1 and Mission SP1 => 2U rack of Matrix and Tuner => Cab (a THD 2x12)

I plan on AX8 to FOH. End of story...really that simple with IEMs for monitoring...

I have listened to tons of AX FX II clips and if the AX8 sounds anything like those...man o man...

I have been playing an HD500 like the above for a while so I am expecting a nice bump in quality with the AX8

For an old guy...it is a little weird to be so giddy over a product :pride:

I currently play thru a mic'd 57 champ with a 10". I've played thru rack pre-amp processors, bigger tube amp rigs, 4CM, etc. in the past but it's been a while so this is going to be a big shift for me! I'm planning to line out to FOH. Then, I have (2) Yorkville N55Ps that aren't being used so I thought I'd start with one of those as stage FRFR and the other would stay at home for practice/preset work.

Yeah, I'm really torn. For smaller shows, I've used my Axe Fx/MFC and an Alto ts110a and it's worked out decently well. But I still have a love for my 2x12 and a power amp. Just seems silly to carry a rack with just a power amp in it. I guess it's the same number of components as I'm taking out of the van now... It's definitely my first time with all the business at my feet though. It will feel very weird to not go back to a rack or amp to make changes. :) These are the times that try men's souls! :) haha

Uh.... AX8 into Axe-Fx II here. From there, to FOH and either back to IEMs or an Audio Kinesis FRFR.

>.>

I'm staying with the XL+, but getting the AX8 as a small gig/backup/rehearsal unit to the monster-box. When I use it, I plan to have it right where my MFC is now, same Mission expression pedal, same RCF NX12SMA monitor, main out going direct to FOH. That rig is going to kill for small stages! Excited to see and hear the future of small!

Back
Top Bottom