Rig Rundown with Ken Andrews/Failure

Failure has been incredibly influential to me since I was a kid. I had been looking endlessly online at Fractal videos and listening to clips in search of something that was both "vintage" and "aggressive" at the same time. After mainly hearing clips of metal tones and ambient-inspo, I didn't think the Axe was going to be right for me. UNTIL I saw that Ken posted a picture of a MIDI controller and I could barely make out that it was a Fractal. I literally bought an XL and MFC the next day.

The band I play for were a little skeptical of me wanting to switch to a digital rig (naturally), but I brought it into production rehearsal and A/B'ed it with my dual amp setup, and everyone actually preferred the Fractal. The timing was perfect and Failure happened to be playing in Nashville while we were still in town during rehearsals. We saw them, and it was one of the most stunningly brilliant sounding shows I've ever experienced. My band guys were asking me what they were using, and I proudly responded with "the same thing I just got! They're using Fractals!" It was instant gratification, and got me really excited about taking it on the road. I drank the Kool-Aid, and can't see myself going back to my old rig.

Back
Top Bottom