Rig build schematic overview. Thoughts? Advice?

Billbill

Power User
Hi all,
I posted about this idea in the past here but couldn’t find any solutions and we were all sorta stumped to say the least, lol.
Idea is to, well, check my schematic below and you’ll get the jist of it. Concept is to use my AxeFx/Matrix stereo rig with two cabs left and right, but then at the flip of a switch or two, run same rig I.e. pedalboard/rjm gizmo switcher into a Mesa MkVII bypassing the AxeFx/Matrix but still going from Mesa into the same left/right cabs.
I finally found a full on STEREO amp/cab switcher that should allow this possible as I spoke with them and they confirmed it will work.

My concern is, are any settings in axe I/O I need to worry about or anything? My rjm is ran into front input of axe but for this the rjm will go into main input on De Lisle switcher (so pedalboard will serve both rigs) would it be better to use the rear input as the axe will run directly into the De Lisle “amp input A” switcher because I read that you shouldn’t run outboard gear into AxeFx front input?

Here’s a schematic of how it’s currently setup and how I plan with the De Lisle stereo switcher and a link to the De Lisle switcher if it’ll let me. Thoughts??

3A4A469F-E43E-4FBE-9771-02D8400EB0C5.png62860C0A-A3E3-4948-AA56-84BFF4500D08.png
https://www.delisleguitar.com/shop/de-lisle-amp-speaker-selector-8x8-stereo-deluxe/

And the other question I have is how does input 1 differ from input 2 as far as the FX loop is concerned? Reason I ask is because in the “switcher rig” ^^^ I may want to use the AxeFx for effects only and have custom presets made for this application when switching over to the Mesa MkVII head which also has an FXL. The nice folks at De Lisle that make the amp/cab switcher said when I flip the switch from the AxeFx/Matrix rig to run the Mesa head with my cabs that the switch will mute the AxeFx at its input which makes perfect sense but the question still stands if the AxeFx has a second input used for FX loops. Is there an I/O setting I need to change to allow input 2 active only for a send/return function for a head with an FXL while it’s input 1 would be muted?? Sorry I hope this s*** is not sounding too fn stupid lol.

Back
Top Bottom