Rick Derringer is gonna be at my practice space tonight.....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
He is friends and was a neighbor with my bassist who has a large rehearsal studio in his large commercial printing business.

Rick is getting ready for a show and plays there with his bassist and drummer from time to time. Gonna try and get down there and see if I can get him to play my Axe FX II and record him doing so!

We will see as he is a simple gear dude.

He is friends and was a neighbor with my bassist who has a large rehearsal studio in his large commercial printing business.

Rick is getting ready for a show and plays there with his bassist and drummer from time to time. Gonna try and get down there and see if I can get him to play my Axe FX II and record him doing so!

We will see as he is a simple gear dude.

Saw him last year. He's a great guitar player and a legend in his own right. Nice guy.

Cool!

When I was a little kid my big brother had this old 8-track tape I played over and over and over... and over until it wore out. It left a permanent imprint on my consciousness and musical DNA, before I even started to get serious about guitar. 1977 Derringer Live album. It completely kicks ass to this day.

51DN4JMG46L._SX300_.jpg

Does he still live on the west coast of Florida. I know at one time he lived near me. Think he still has a house here. That is a kick ass classic album. Ill tell you now, he dont look like that anymore!

In 2010 I turned 60 so my wife said I could buy myself something 'special' guitar wise. Since I was planning on going to the Dallas Guitar Festival I researched some of the boutique guitar builders that were going to be there. After some research and some emails I decided on a Warrior 'Rick Derringer' model. When I got to the show my guitar was sitting front and center at the Warriour booth with a sold sign on it. I got to meet Rick, since he's a Warrior guitar user and regular performer at the show. I also got to have my picture taken with him signing my guitar and the certificate of authenticity, which was very cool. I also have phone video of him playing my guitar. He's a great guy and still has the chops.

It was truly a weekend to remember.

He is still here in Sarasota. He is playing LWR with Atlanta Rhythm Section. Was on the simpleman cruise with them. They are a fantastic band. Interesting though, none of the southern rockers using an AXE. Chris Anderson, who is alsoa local boy here plays with the Outlaws. He uses a Kemper, but no AXES in the confederacy. Yet....

Unfortunately I couldn't break from work to get down to studio. May just call him and see if he wants to come try the Axe Fx II.

In 2010 I turned 60 so my wife said I could buy myself something 'special' guitar wise. Since I was planning on going to the Dallas Guitar Festival I researched some of the boutique guitar builders that were going to be there. After some research and some emails I decided on a Warrior 'Rick Derringer' model. When I got to the show my guitar was sitting front and center at the Warriour booth with a sold sign on it. I got to meet Rick, since he's a Warrior guitar user and regular performer at the show. I also got to have my picture taken with him signing my guitar and the certificate of authenticity, which was very cool. I also have phone video of him playing my guitar. He's a great guy and still has the chops.

It was truly a weekend to remember.

Funny, i was at that show in 2013 and i went over to visit the warrior guys (i have 5 warriors....so they always happy to see me....haha)
JD introduced me to Rick, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom