Richlite and Baked Maple?

If you want to experiment with the Gibson scale length, Warmoth sells 24.75" scale length conversion necks that will bolt right onto a standard Strat or Tele body. Re-intonate at the bridge and you're good to go.

If price is a big consideration, I would definitely not overlook Epiphone too. You can get a lot of guitar for the money there.

If you want to experiment with the Gibson scale length, Warmoth sells 24.75" scale length conversion necks that will bolt right onto a standard Strat or Tele body. Re-intonate at the bridge and you're good to go.

If price is a big consideration, I would definitely not overlook Epiphone too. You can get a lot of guitar for the money there.
You know I thought about Epiphones also. I have been looking at everything.

IAH, I also want 3X3 tuners also. Easier to bend-tension and all. These old hands are getting pretty bad arthritis wise. Still, really only effect stretching, but still hurts sometimes. I am toying with the idea of 8 -38's. I mean you've got to use what works for you...I have been at 9-42 for a long time now-except I swap out the 16 G for a 15...been doing that a long time. Seems more balanced also. I know with the FM3 or any fractal I can compensate for the thinner strings. More worried I will over bend, muscle memory is still strong.

OK off to hunt some more.

If you do a lot of bending on the G string, it is actually longer on the Gibson headstock compared to a Strat, so the 3x3 won't help you there. It is much shorter for the high E and B strings though. A reverse Fender headstock also makes the treble strings the shortest overall. Probably helped Hendrix with all of his big bends on Strats. He had huge hands though too. He was only 5'10" tall, but the neck looked like a pencil when he was playing.

You know I thought about Epiphones also. I have been looking at everything...
Have you played a PRS SE 245? Mine is very easy to play, and the only PRS SE I own that I've not felt the need to replace the electronics on, but at their price point you could swap the pups, pots, and switches with pretty much anything and still be money ahead compared to a USA Les Paul. And I'd put my SE 245 up against pretty much any Les Paul I've seen for not only playability, but fit and finish as well.

Since others are suggesting you other guitars, I figured I'd throw out a suggestion as well. Take a look at some MIJ, I personally have become a big fan of the not-so well known Crews Maniac Sound. I paid $800 a few years ago for my LP and regardless of price I'd take it in an instant over my Gibson, ESP Navigator, or Burny.

https://reverb.com/item/19969940-cr...sb-w-crews-original-p-u-2018-vintage-sunburst
This is one of their high end models, my $800 LP wasn't in the same series.
This one is new and may be outside your budget, but used would be under $2k.

I will second the MIJ suggestion. The many lawsuit clones out of Japan are amazing guitars for the money. When I went on a Les Paul quest years ago, I gave up on Gibson due to their horrendous QC at the time and ended up with an Edwards Les Paul clone. Made by ESP in their China factory, then assembled and setup in Japan. Duncan pickups and Gotoh hardware stock. At the time it cost me just over $650 delivered from Japan since the Yen was weak at the time. Been an amazing guitar.

Have you played a PRS SE 245? Mine is very easy to play, and the only PRS SE I own that I've not felt the need to replace the electronics on, but at their price point you could swap the pups, pots, and switches with pretty much anything and still be money ahead compared to a USA Les Paul. And I'd put my SE 245 up against pretty much any Les Paul I've seen for not only playability, but fit and finish as well.
Once again, the neck. I wish times were different and I could go in and play one. But I cannot. One of the reasons I keep mentioning Gibsons is because I "have" played most all the necks they offer-So I ma familiar. Buying off of reverb I do not have the luxery of sending it back because I did not like the neck. PIA.....But so many folks are in actual serious distress compared to my guitar woes. I do have my Avatar 2006 USA Deluxe Strat with Fralin blues Specials. and 2 acoustics. One low end, one high end

Since others are suggesting you other guitars, I figured I'd throw out a suggestion as well. Take a look at some MIJ, I personally have become a big fan of the not-so well known Crews Maniac Sound. I paid $800 a few years ago for my LP and regardless of price I'd take it in an instant over my Gibson, ESP Navigator, or Burny.

https://reverb.com/item/19969940-cr...sb-w-crews-original-p-u-2018-vintage-sunburst
This is one of their high end models, my $800 LP wasn't in the same series.
This one is new and may be outside your budget, but used would be under $2k.
I would love a Made in Japan electric of any kind. I have looked at some on line.

Besides all the FRactal help this forum offers U I just love the responses and help offered for stuff like this. Thanks so much. I will buy something, no doubt.

Well Lets see if this works-I found images "supposedly" of All PRS neck shapes and Fender Strat neck Shapes. My Deluxe is a C or Modern C.

The PRS shapes look very, very similar? Shows what I don't know....I have been playing Fenders for so long all else are foreign to me. My 2 Takamine's-High end one made in the famed Japanese factory have a neck very similar to my Strats.
Do NOT like the D,V or U shapes in Fenders.

PRS

Fender

So I am definitely investigating deep. Watch a youtube video and to get the (things I like about it) shorter "core" neck scale (not the 25") and pattern vintage neck (not the pattern thin) you have to get a new(er) one. How new I am trying to google.

So, no one has the PRS new 594, only the older ones. They are on a pre order basis at most stores and I have checked many..............

I would buy neither, and get a gibson from the 90s
See, now your going back o kind of where I started, except for the year.........I do like the specs of the PRS S2 McCarty, shorter scale (arthritis) was #1 on my list. I will check and see what I find since no one seems to know when the PRS newer S2 594's will be around. Some say August. Another store told me probably end of the year, etc, etc, etc. Guess the old Covid-19 strikes again. I can't complain, it's only a guitar....

I would buy neither, and get a gibson from the 90s
Not being a Gibson guy, am I correct in assuming that the LP Classic has the 60's slim taper neck? I know the traditional does but not sure what year they started. That is my 2nd needed option after scale.

You can't trust anything gibson should have- so you'd have to call about the specific guitar- I have a 2014 Classic- it does have a 60's slim taper neck

A traditional is a cheap guitar, not very far off from a studio, a classic is much more expensive and in some years the classics were as expensive as a standard. A standard is 'best' however- they might have a 50s neck etc

I'm selling my 2014 120th ann classic- black with bare knuckles

It's a nice guitar but the fretboard was not even sanded - no idea how or why- if i keep it my next stringing i'll steel wool the fretboard and it will be fine- it's worse than a $100 ibanez talman sparkle blue kids guitar i had

Back
Top Bottom