Wish Revv Chat Breaker drive pedal

To quote myself from the other thread where this originated:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/mind-blowing-stuff-from-openai.168990/post-2436494

You should post this as a separate thread!

That pedal sounds FAT! I really like it... Also, the base amp tone was very good. I read thru the comments to find it's a Friedman Dirty Shirley 40.

And what's up with that PRS McCarty with no fret markers? Very cool!

Maybe @FractalAudio could model this drive pedal.

Also, I never heard of Shawn before but I really liked his playing and tones.

+1. This video is going to make me experiment and try the dirty Shirley 40 amp model
It did for me... Drop the Input Drive down to about 2.5 to get right into the ballpark of the base amp tone from the video.

I've been playing with it a bit and enjoying it.

It did for me... Drop the Input Drive down to about 2.5 to get right into the ballpark of the base amp tone from the video.

I've been playing with it a bit and enjoying it.
I will try that. Did you try using the blues breaker drive block model to emulate this? Seems like that’s what this pedal is based on?

I will try that. Did you try using the blues breaker drive block model to emulate this? Seems like that’s what this pedal is based on?
I did not because I forgot that the Blues OD was based on that pedal. :(

Next time I'm in front of it I'll try that.

I seem to recall in the past that the Tone of the pedal was very bright unless turned way down... But it's been a while.

I did not because I forgot that the Blues OD was based on that pedal. :(

Next time I'm in front of it I'll try that.

I seem to recall in the past that the Tone of the pedal was very bright unless turned way down... But it's been a while.
Yeah, for the record, I don’t think the Blues OD will be able to do what this pedal does (similar to how that new Keeley Andy Timmons drive pedal is based off the blues breaker and the blues OD won’t do that) but I could be wrong and it’s worth A shot

Apparently they did some Revv-like stuff to it once they fixed the non-working aspects of the original ChatGPT idea.
Yes, and from what I’ve gathered it doesn’t really seem like chatGPT came up with this whole new idea that sounds amazing. They kept feeding it prompts and it basically gave them a bluesbreaker type pedal and their Revv designer put his own tweaks on it. This seems like a really solid pedal you would use an expression pedal to control the drive with from 0-max drive knob levels. That would be awesome with this

Yes, and from what I’ve gathered it doesn’t really seem like chatGPT came up with this whole new idea that sounds amazing. They kept feeding it prompts and it basically gave them a bluesbreaker type pedal and their Revv designer put his own tweaks on it. This seems like a really solid pedal you would use an expression pedal to control the drive with from 0-max drive knob levels. That would be awesome with this
Yes, that's the backstory I heard too.
Wonder if Revv will cooperate again...

It's a Bluesbreaker variant made to cash in on the AI hype. Nothing more exciting than that.

Did you watch the video? Hype or not I think it has a distinct character from other Drive block types we have...
agreed. I was toying with the blues breaker model with the Tucana amp model and without any deep deep tweaking, I couldn’t come close to this

Back
Top Bottom