Revival drive + FM3

This seems like something super stupid or unnecessary but is anyone using a revival drive with their FM3? Basically using the Axe for Modulation, reverb, Delays and IRs and the Origin for the analog plexi amp model...talking about the big one not the compact version. I‘ve seen some guys using the Hx Stomp for that...
Just curious...
Thanks, can‘t wait to get mine 😁

I think you'll find that most folks here if they offload anything will more likely offload reverb or delay to something like an H9 verses the amp modeling. The sound and feel of the amp modeling is second to none and is why most of us have FAS gear in the first place. That doesn't mean you can't and there may be folks on here that do offload the amp modeling on the FM3 to something like an Origin pedal or an Atomic Amplifirebox pedal.

Do what what ever it takes to get that perfect tone out of your head and into your ears. I suspect once you get the FM3 you'll be surprised by how is sounds and feels to play. Give the Plexi models a try and compare it against what you hear from the Revival Drive.

Thanks Jeremiah, yeah will do...I still like the idea of turning physical knobs on amps or pedals...but taking all of the advantages the Axe gives...

The FM3 doesn't have it yet, but the AxeFx3 has a perform mode where you can assign any control you want to map to one of the physical rotary knobs on the unit. Here is a video that describes it on the AxeFx3, I hope this gets added to the FM3 in a firmware update. I use this feature on my AxeFx3 in a live environment to tweak my amp and cabs in realtime during sound check.

I have used my big RevivalDrive (i.e. the "custom" one) in the FX loop of my AX8. I love doing this when I feel like doing some extra tweaking. This set up allows me to use IRs to shape the tone of the RevivalDrive tremendously. I can also put it in front of an AX8 amp block if I want, use an EQ pre or post RvivalDrive, etc. Tweaker's delight. I also enjoy how the RevivalDrive responds to boost pedals, so I often stick a Tumnus, a SoloDallas, and/or a Spark Booster infront of the RevivalDrive in the AX8 loop. This is also terrific because (from my understanding) a physical/analog device like The RevivalDrive will respond much "better" to a big dirty dB boost from something like the Storm compared to how a digital amp model would take a big dB boost pedal.

Yeah I have the helix and when I hit it with a 20db Boost the top end acts strange...what I like about the fractal design is that you can see the input level

Back
Top Bottom