Review: Atomic Amps CLR Powered Wedge Neo Version

Hey Scott, where did you get your covers? I've emailed Tom a couple of times on whether they covers, but no response.

Hey Scott, where did you get your covers? I've emailed Tom a couple of times on whether they covers, but no response.

Those are the right ones. I ordered three 2 weeks ago and today I got a mail they were in the mail. They are made upon request!

Susan at Studio Slips is the best in the biz. Worth every penny they cost. Killer quality, killer service, killer products. Highly recommended.

I should clarify that while I said "cheap", this is just bad wording on my part, and this is just not true. The CLR is high quality, but what I meant is, the finish is extremely delicate and easily damages. I do have custom made covers, still it doesn't take much at all to put a dent in these guys, as I stacked them one time and the rubber feet put dings in the finish very easily.

I'm actually going to look into buying some tolex like the kind on Marshall Amps and Cabs and re-finish the CLR's, and then attach some metal corners. I play out every weekend and even with my custom made covers, the factory finish will not last more than 6 months. Obviously this doesn't affect their performance, but I like my stuff to look as good as it sounds, and our show, while not considered big time, is still a production, and the better we look the more we get paid.

I can understand that not everyone uses these the way I am, but at the same time, I am a user just as anyone else and my experience is just as valid.

I'm actually going to look into buying some tolex like the kind on Marshall Amps and Cabs and re-finish the CLR's, and then attach some metal corners. I play out every weekend and even with my custom made covers, the factory finish will not last more than 6 months. Obviously this doesn't affect their performance, but I like my stuff to look as good as it sounds, and our show, while not considered big time, is still a production, and the better we look the more we get paid.

I can understand that not everyone uses these the way I am, but at the same time, I am a user just as anyone else and my experience is just as valid.

It might be easier & cheaper to spray them with a coat of Line X like the XiTones have.

Anybody get a replay back from Atomic when you sent an email to get on the neo list? I've heard nothing & wondering if my email made it to them.

We've are getting flooded with requests but I'll make sure that everyone has a response before the end of the weekend. Thanks!

-TK

Thanks Tom. I wasn't sure if there was an auto-reply or not. I'm not surprised you are getting a big response!

Any news on the CLR neo upgrades? It's been real quiet here & on TGP lately. Really looking forward to lightening my load!

I got on the list, got a response from Tom that said invites would be going out & have heard nothing since. I got on the list the same day they were announced so hopefully it won't be too much longer. My CLRs have been relegated to home use only because it is too hard to move them around for me. I either need to get this happening or sell them & get the Matrix cabs.

As stated many times before awesome piece of gear for shizzle! I do not want speakers beaming at my face so for that reason And to be able to set my A2 on it I opted for the CLR as a cab. I plan to get another in 2014. I still run mine in stereo with the RCF for now and am quite happy with that, but the CLR shines over the RCF in that it has zero PA sound and it does have a wider sound dispersion.

GREAT review - thanks for posting!
Before making a purchase I've been researching both the CLR active wedge and the Axe FX 2. I haven't found any indications on this topic so I'd like to ask: Can the active wedge be used for the Axe FX 2 AND as a vocal monitor at the same time? As you had indicated, space restrictions are more and more an issue these days, and that sort of configuration would make things so much easier. I would imagine it would be at least possible, using both inputs with level controls to blend a vocal monitor signal and the Axe FX 2.

Thanks in advance!

Very nice, detailed, review.
Scott's variety in material should make this a really good "base" review for anyone looking to purchase this product.

Back
Top Bottom