Reverb's New Trade-In for $$$$ Feature

I'll certainly keep an open-ish mind on it. And if you got something at a great price; you might be able to not get completely taken. Maybe?

Reverb.com or Guitar Center? Seems like a toss-up to me.

It's way harder to sell gear now than it was the past two years. The noose is tightening. :)

I need to see the details.

I expect they'll base the price on their current average minus some profit/handling percentage. It seems like it'd be as if they just buy from us and then put it up for sale, hoping the value is going to go up. They might occasionally lose money too.

Last edited:
I need to see the details.

I expect they'll base the price on their current average minus some profit percentage. It seems like it'd be as if they just buy from us and then put it up for sale, hoping the value is going to go up. They might occasionally lose money too.

I wonder who they have in house grading the gear they are going to buy, or have they developed some
kind of "broke-ass musician" algorithm that will do it for them??

I can't see them offering so much value as to risk losing money. I'd expect ball-busting Pawn Shop policies on pricing.

If they don't offer better than 60% of resale there's no point. I can get that from GC..... But I've never done that anyway because it's a ripoff

I wonder who they have in house grading the gear they are going to buy, or have they developed some
kind of "broke-ass musician" algorithm that will do it for them??
They have a lot of historical data for previous sales they can use, plus they probably are well connected to collectors and their ilk.

I haven't used Reverb since the IRS stuck its hands into our sales. :-/

This seems like an open admission that sellers on their site are frequently getting scammed. It looks like it's about the same trade-in value that GC will offer you though, so this would only make sense for somebody who doesn't live near a GC.

This seems like an open admission that sellers on their site are frequently getting scammed. It looks like it's about the same trade-in value that GC will offer you though, so this would only make sense for somebody who doesn't live near a GC.
Was thinking the same thing.
If I wanted to get screwed on my gear sale, I would just take it down to GC for their 'trade in value'.

Or might as well post on Facebook Marketplace and let the low ballers throw their 30% offer at you.
It's my favorite thing in the world.
My Post: 1975 Les Paul in mint condition, all original. Price is firm at 4k. Low ball offers will be ignored.
My Messenger starts blowing up with: "what's your lowest price?"....."I've got $1k cash TODAY"

Was thinking the same thing.
If I wanted to get screwed on my gear sale, I would just take it down to GC for their 'trade in value'.

Or might as well post on Facebook Marketplace and let the low ballers throw their 30% offer at you.
It's my favorite thing in the world.
My Post: 1975 Les Paul in mint condition, all original. Price is firm at 4k. Low ball offers will be ignored.
My Messenger starts blowing up with: "what's your lowest price?"....."I've got $1k cash TODAY"

Just sent you a PM. ;)

But they'll send you a pre-paid shipping label to make up for the staggering loss of selling it to them. :)

So looks like Reverb has partnered with some of the leading music retailers to do this. Don't
technically sell it to Reverb. They are just the middle-man, it seems.

Looks like GC could be a batter deal, because my math is showing 40 to 50% of new retail price.

So it's Sweetwaters side business and Alto Music buying up stuff? I wonder what other companies are shelling out pennies on the dollar? :oops:

Back
Top Bottom