Reverb X/Y pop

Hey guys, didn't know where to post this so mods feel free to move it to its appropriate place.

I've got an issue when switching X/Y states of the reverb from a simple Studio C to a very ambient spacey reverb (like deep space or north church) that causes a POP whenever switching back and forth. I think its just a simple fix by turning one dial but im not entirely sure what dial that is. Any help available?

Again, im going from low mix to a high mix and wanted to reduce the 'pop' caused by this.

Thanks in advance for helping the newb question!

if I'd ever X-Y switch a delay or reverb, I never change the 'type', only the other settings
anything more than that don't make particularly nice transitions..

the only way to smoothly switch between two reverb tones is to use two different reverb blocks [if you have enough available CPU]

That's a bummer you can't change reverb or delay x-y types without a Pop.

Wondering what other block states have issues with different x-y states via footswitch? I think I read that amp blocks have this problem too when switching type of amp via x-y.

Before I buy an MFC Id like to learn all the limitations when it comes to scene changes and x-y states/known issues. Is the pop very audible? Is it only heard while playing, or with silence too?

to be honest, I've not tried this with a reverb, but I have with a delay..

my lil' rules for X/Y are:
- keep the type the same. so choose they type that can be made to fit all your needs for that preset. Note: most folk won't notice live, and of course things in the studio are far more flexible.
- only alter simple parameters that do not generate unwanted / unusual noises [feeback, level, mix etc]

i was hoping to have stereo and mono delays on X/Y, rec room and spring/plate on xy, 2 different amps or cabinets on XY...guess none of these will work without a pop?

I've got an issue when switching X/Y states of the reverb from a simple Studio C to a very ambient spacey reverb (like deep space or north church) that causes a POP whenever switching back and forth. I think its just a simple fix by turning one dial but im not entirely sure what dial that is. Any help available?

Are your reverb types set for "High" or "Normal"? I thought I read somewhere that some people had issues when X/Y'ing those presets when performance of the block was set to High.

Another way around this is utilizing scenes and two Reverb blocks (one disabled/one enabled) in your signal chain. Would that be an effective way for you to manage two reverb types?

Another way around this is utilizing scenes and two Reverb blocks (one disabled/one enabled) in your signal chain. Would that be an effective way for you to manage two reverb types?

I'd say that's pretty much the only reliable way of having 2 different reverbs in a preset..
costly on cpu though

Back
Top Bottom