Reverb Stack/Hold Fade Out

PSea

Experienced
Need the brain trust....

I started w/ Cooper Carter's Sound on Sound preset. I'm trying to adapt it a little. How could I get the Reverb's stack/hold (ie, the chord that's suspended in scene1) to fade out when I switch to a specific scene (scene 3; as opposed to switching to any scene)?

Does it fade out correctly on all the other scenes (including scene 3) but you want it to just cut out if you switch to a scene other than scene 3?

for the reverb....decay is set to 4sec. if i'm scene 1, stack/hold is off. if i hit the stings once, it decays away after 4 sec. all good there. when i go to scene 2, the hold function kicks in and it lasts a long long time. good there. when I go to scene 3, if i don't have the hold engaged, it's an abrupt ending. i want the hold to subside to the clean tone in scene 3. it's this last step i'm trying to figure out.

Maybe run reverb 2 in parallel with reverb 1. Make it the exact same as reverb 1 but with no holds. Have it bypassed in scene 1, on in scene 2, on in scene 3.

Maybe. Just thinking out loud lol

appreciate it. that basically still leads to an abrupt sound change when the chord held in scene1 is cut off. i actually tried what you recommended before posting. good to know i was on the path of a master around here!

I'm betting someone knows how to make the reverb stack/hold decay upon a scene change. kind of like delay trails when you switch scenes.

well, until i find a better solution, here's what I did. (cooper's reverb w/ hold/stack is in series). I added a second reverb in parallel. I mapped the mix and the stack/hold to a pedal. at least it gets a smoother transition. but if someone knows a better way, i'm all ears!

Trying the Axe-FX III version of that preset, if I set CS1 to Off in scene 3 (at the CS Per Scene menu) any held reverb sound will decay normally when switching to scene 3. What did you actually edit to get to the point where you said "when I go to scene 3, if i don't have the hold engaged"? Your adjusted preset and a recording might be useful to determine if this is an FM9-only reverb hold issue or something else.

Thank you! i guess i changed the reverb to another channel and that contributed to the problem. i've returned it to the same channel as utilized in Scene 1. But, keeping the reverb Mix high (49%) as it is in Sc1, when I switched to Scene 4 (mistake that I said scene 3 in the past), it's too much reverb. I think that's why I tried setting it to another channel and then also tried using a second reverb in parallel. I used a Scene Controller to set the reverb mix. If i set the Scene Controller to a much lower level, I get an abrupt drop in fx. Here's the preset.

A bit of explanation. Any other suggestions welcomed. I'm using Vol2 for Scene 1. Toe Down = full volume. I wanted a volume so I could control the amount of sound held. When I switch to scene 2, I use Vo1. But, this is Toe Down = nearly off. I found too much of a volume shift otherwise going from sc1 to sc2. This way, coming from Sc1 at full volume, i can rock the vol pedal heal down and start solo'ing over it at the volume I wish. For Scene 3, since it's a cleaner patch, Vol3 is used (Toe Down = full volume). Wanted this post Amp/Cab chorus but pre delay/reverbs. Scene 4 (rather than Scene 3 previously mentioned as my trouble patch) is what I'm trying to jump to from Sc1 or Sc2 and have the Reverb decay AND not sound so whispy when I play the next chord.

Attachments

• Sound on Sound TEST.fasBundle
    7.8 KB · Views: 2
If you need to change reverb blocks from one scene to the next, try adding another reverb block. If you bypass one then enable the other it is a much smoother transition.

Back
Top Bottom