Reverb holdover issue

Randall d

Experienced
I have run into this problem several times and have never figured out a solution. In a preset with the Reverb block that has Channel A set to a Cathedral Reverb with like a ten second Time setting, and the Reverb block Channel B with say a Spring Reverb with a short (say a couple seconds) Time parameter. If I am playing on Scene A and switch to Scene B, and play for a while (even a few minutes) and then switch back to Scene A (with Reverb on Channel A) it seems to instantaneously pick the Reverb tails back up from when I was playing it earlier. So if I switch to the Scene with the long reverb during a quiet moment, there is a big burst of reverb trails that appear to be what was leftover from when I was using that Channel earlier. Has anyone run into this and solved it? BTW, I have tried it with Spillover off and on with the same results.

I've dealt with the same 'problem' but have yet to find a solution either. It would be nice if there was an option to dump the buffer (or whatever is retaining the previous signal) if the effect is turned off for a predetermined amount of time.

I've dealt with the same 'problem' but have yet to find a solution either. It would be nice if there was an option to dump the buffer (or whatever is retaining the previous signal) if the effect is turned off for a predetermined amount of time.

Yes!!!!

I think it's not picking up the reverb from a few minutes ago, but rather it's taking what you were just playing, and applying the new channel (ie the long algorithm) as if it had been operating in the background. I could be wrong, but that makes more sense to me from a processing perspective.

Regardless, I'd like to have a way to avoid this.

Just wondering if we have ever received a reply from Fractal on this issue. It is no fun to have the "reverb explosion" happen in the middle of a quiet moment in the church service when changing scenes.

I've had this problem as well. The only "fixes" I've found is to keep your reverb on the same channel/type and use Control Switches or the Scene Controller to adjust parameters, so instead of having like a shorter/dryer Plate and then switching to a longer/wetter Cloud, use only the cloud (or the plate if you prefer) and set the parameters per scene via the CS or Scene Controller function. Another way is if I know ahead of time certain scenes that do this (like if we are going into a down bridge for a couple measures coming out of a big chorus or something, and I know I'm not playing right away, I will set a CS to mute the output block (I will usually assign it to a Hold function on one of the footswitches) and then set the Bridge scene to start with that CS on to mute it, then after switching to the Bridge scene I will unmute it by turning the CS off. It's a bit cumbersome but gets the job done. I've had this issue when switching presets too, so will do the mute/unmute thing for that too.

My go to workaround now is to use a Plate or other type for "regular" reverb and the PlexVerb for more washy/ambient reverbs, which doesn't cause that same blast of glitchy reverb when you switch scenes.

Does seem like a worthwhile item to add to their to-do list for future firmware fixes.

Back
Top Bottom