Reverb hold

@AZIZ:
Can't you just rebuild the preset for us? I'm afraid most of us don't get your hints.
Nevertheless: great playing and feeling

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I'm experimenting with the reverb hold, so maybe this is the right place :)

Here is what I want to do : I have 2 reverb blocks in parralel (A and B), I want A to hold reverb (using it like a pad), and use reverb B to play on top of it. Till then no problem, but I don't want the 2 blocks to always reverberate at the same time... So I attach a modifier to Rev A to hold reverb (with an old roland keyboard pedal) wich also control its bypass state. The problem is, according to the bypass state, when you release the hold pedal there is either no reverb A (mute in, mute Fx in), or there is no more "tail" on the hold reverb A and it stops abruptly (mute out, mute Fx out).
Any solution ?

Thanks !

I can't get over how beautiful this is. Gives me some great ideas for vamping when I play Sunday mornings... or if I just want to get lost in my room. Gorgeous clip. :eagerness:

Here's a preset I whipped together using aziz's instructions...

http://members.shaw.ca/hellbat/DTH.syx

The hold is controlled by an external controller plugged in to the Axe FX's pedal jack, assigned as extern 5. The end reverb is the hold reverb. The first is to provide a spring reverb for the amp. Scene 3 turns on the reverb with a 'clean' setting and the foot pedal turning on and off the hold. Scene 4 adds distortion and delay to the party.

Here's a clip, keep in mind I am not a professional ;) ...

https://soundcloud.com/magentaslaad/reverb_hold

EDIT : The user cab is the TAF Fender Room mix included in the sample UR cabs with the firmware.

Here's a preset that should be quite close. (FW 16.04.01). Ext1 controls amp gain and delay, ext 3 controls the hold, tweak these to suit your setup. The other IR in stereo cab is Ownhammer 4x12" L-BB-SS median.

View attachment Lihava Dumble_kaiku.syx

Edit: Oh, there's also a free Ownhammer L-BB included in the UR samples of the firmware. It's a bit bassier because of the mic selection, but still great. Adjust eq as necessary.

Last edited:
Fender mexico cabronita with its stock pickups. In general, I mostly use strats.

Edit: Oh, there's also a free Ownhammer L-BB included in the UR samples of the firmware. It's a bit bassier because of the mic selection, but still great. Adjust eq as necessary.

Last edited:
Your cabronita sounds great.
I have some OwnHammer cab packs, they are fantastic. And with cablab, the possibilities are endless.

Aziz!! Thank you brother for this awesome preset.
I know have a way better understanding of the routing for this particular reverb hold effect AND controlling amp gain.

Grateful!

btw, this preset translated excellent to each of my guitars with SC and HB pups.

This is a simplified version of my "emotional solo" preset, without multi delay and some other stupid controller stuff, I've used this for quite a long time, IMO it works ok with all my guitars. Of course, the results are different with each guitar, but never ugly. Clean with strats, fat with Ibanez RG, recording, high volume through CLR, through PA, all good.

I just use a scene to turn it on, one with the infinite hold reverb block enabled. The other scenes in the same preset have it disabled.

The chord can decay. Very cool. I have be playing a chord.. Improving over it... Changing to another chord & impro over that on the fly. I find it very useful.

Back
Top Bottom