Reverb "Hold" Playback Volume Level

plasmatic

When using the hold function within the Reverb block the volume it plays back at seems to match the Mix parameter level. I say that because after hitting hold you can change the mix level and it will adjust the playback volume but it also adjusts the reverb mix as you are playing over the hold. Is there a way to separate the hold playback level from the Mix or adjust the hold playback level on its own if needed? I'm not seeing a way how at the moment.

Update with some questions:

When engaging the "hold" function on the Reverb block is it normal for the volume to decay the longer it is held? I've set up a "hold" button on my GT22 that sends a message to turn on hold and increase the mix to a value of "100" which makes the volume of the drone loud enough to play over and not get lost. The longer I let it play though, the volume eventually starts to decay. Is that expected behavior?

When you engage "hold" you can only play over the drone with a dry signal and the higher the "mix" level (volume of playback) the lower in volume that dry signal becomes up through not passing at all after a value of "116." Is that expected as well?

I ended up putting a second Reverb block in parallel that turns on when hold is engaged to add reverb back to taste and it turns off when hold is turned off. It works better in parallel due to the volume drop of the dry signal coming out of the Reverb block with a high mix value.

When engaging the "hold" function on the Reverb block is it normal for the volume to decay the longer it is held? I've set up a "hold" button on my GT22 that sends a message to turn on hold and increase the mix to a value of "100" which makes the volume of the drone loud enough to play over and not get lost. The longer I let it play though, the volume eventually starts to decay. Is that expected behavior?
Just found this post, and I've got the same question. The volume decays as a function of time. Does anybody know if that's expected behavior? I've got the reverb in parallel with mix at 100%, and the hold controlled by a CS with Per-preset switch #1. Many thanks!

Both the reverbs and the delays degrade in volume and fidelity when the hold function is engaged. It is how they currently function. Cliff has mentioned that he would have to "turn off" some things in order to make the delays not degrade. It is my biggest wish that there would be a way to make the delays (and reverbs) not degrade when the hold function is enabled.

What about............a separate output from the reverb block..............for the HOLD.........so it doesn't have to decay over time

What about............a separate output from the reverb block..............for the HOLD.........so it doesn't have to decay over time
max the reverb time for whatever channel you're applying the hold to, and turn off any modulation - see how that goes?

max the reverb time for whatever channel you're applying the hold to, and turn off any modulation - see how that goes?
Try it. It will still degrade over time. It will be fine for a short bit, but if it is used for an ambient wash that will be held for a while, it will lose fidelity.
For me, the reverb degrading when held is not as important as the delay not degrading when held. Cliff, any thoughts on the "simple delay"?

Back
Top Bottom