Reverb 'Emphasis' feature

Would you like to see this 'Reverb Emphasis' feature implemented?

• Yes, this would make the AFX's Reverb even more flexible and versatile!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Radley said:
Stratman68 said:
Just how much would your UNlimited unit cost? Everything has it's limits and I am sure you would be the 1st one to point them out.

It wouldn't cost any more - there would just be 2 or 3 different reverb blocks to chose from. Obviously if it has to cost more, it's probably not a usable idea.

JavaJ. - thanks for the additional info & explanation.

Yes, I know this from the old Digitech box 2120 - there were full reverbs, half reverbs, 1/4 reverbs ... it worked fine to save memory and CPU.

But - as far as I understand the AxeFx, will it need memory for each block available - regardless if used or not.

So currently the number and kind of effects is given - you can only activate or deactivate then.

Years ago did I ask for different effects inventories - e.g. I never use the vocoder and some other effects in the ultra - and would like to use other effects instead.
So inventories for special use cases could be selected - the disadvantages are that switching time between presets with different inventories would increase.

Radley said:
why is it more efficient to create a 'workaround' than including the parameter in the reverb itself?

This is agood question, and the answer lies in the follow up question of which resource you are interested in maximizing. Adding a filter block and running the reverb in parallel keeps things light and simple when you /don't/ want to emphasize: fewer clicks to get around the raw verb, less DSP overhead when inserting the 'initialized' reverb block, etc.

In the event that the majority of users agree with your request, however, I could see that the addition of such a parameter would not be unlike some of the additions made to increase the range of other blocks. I for one have pushed for a variable-Q mid band in the delay EQ (but you'll certainly not find its absence slowing down my sound design process at a high level!)

Matman said:
Radley said:
why is it more efficient to create a 'workaround' than including the parameter in the reverb itself?

This is agood question, and the answer lies in the follow up question of which resource you are interested in maximizing. Adding a filter block and running the reverb in parallel keeps things light and simple when you /don't/ want to emphasize: fewer clicks to get around the raw verb, less DSP overhead when inserting the 'initialized' reverb block, etc.

In the event that the majority of users agree with your request, however, I could see that the addition of such a parameter would not be unlike some of the additions made to increase the range of other blocks. I for one have pushed for a variable-Q mid band in the delay EQ (but you'll certainly not find its absence slowing down my sound design process at a high level!)
Yes, and this is the balance we all must find with the AFX. When I first got here, I was posting lots of suggestions because I figured if these 'missing features' bugged me, they were likely bug other potential buyers & newbies - I now understand the careful tap dance Cliff has undertaken to try and make it 'all things to all people', including non-Ultra users - the only 'downside' (and that's too strong a word) is that it often requires more programming time & routing to achieve the desired result.

Back
Top Bottom