Reverb Block Variables

bshaw92

Experienced
Which is more beneficial for sound quality in everyone's opinion?

Quality:
Economy - Normal - High - Ultra

or
Echo Density (?)
4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I have to make some adjustments to make my preset work. I am currently using Normal and 4, but curious if it is better to go economy with a higher echo density? Not sure what each variable actually contributes to the overall sound so I need some guidance. Educate me please.

Quality on economy turns off certain parameters, so they no longer have an effect. Late input mix and input diffusion to be precise.

There are different options besides the quality and density to reduce CPU usage. Modulation is one of them.

I would set quality to normal, and then reduce density to 6 and or turn off modulation.

Last edited:
Quality turns off certain parameters, so they no longer have an effect. I can't remember which one does what, but I know that modulation and late mix are among them.
If quality excludes certain effects, they should be unavailable for change.

If quality excludes certain effects, they should be unavailable for change.
I updated my post with more information. Late input mix is excluded, input diffusion isn't. The later simply doesn't do anything when the quality is set to economy.

I updated my post with more information. Late input mix is excluded, input diffusion isn't. The later simply doesn't do anything when the quality is set to economy.
Okay. Thanks for the information.
Again: if the parameter has no effect in this quality, then it should go down

Are you just a percent or two shy of where you need to be? The difference Bw economy and hi res on the fm9 isn’t much. If it is I would try hi res at 6 echo density to see what that does. Just cut back in bits and pieces bc the reverb block doesn’t save you much since it’s on its own dedicated processor.

Back
Top Bottom