Reverb Block deletes when dragging and dropping

Randall d

Experienced
AE 3.01: Many times when I try to drag the Reverb block somewhere else on the grid, it just deletes itself when I drop it. It seems more likely to happen if dragging on a diagonal or a long ways away from its original location. Haven't had any other type of block do this.

Last edited:
Okay, just had a Drive block do it. An Undo function would be nice. Instead, I have to start over every time it happens.

not happening here. which OS ? is it only happening in an already existing preset, an initialized or cleared preset ? more info on how to reproduce this would be welcome.

I've seen this (Mac OSX) if you drag and drop too quick.
I have to select the block, wait a sec, then drag it quite slowly to the destination, wait a sec then release. Cmd-Z for undo does work however?

Yes had the same thing happen several times with an Amp block. I thought it was with pre-existing presets form older FW

I just had the same issue.
"Murf" preset from axechange.
wanted to move all the blocks left to make room for another block, so i started dragging them left one by one and the cab block disappeared.
I managed o reproduce this behavior again.

Not doing that here.
Try this: delete Reverb, save preset, add Reverb again, save preset. Now try drag and drop again.

In my case it's a cab block and the reverb block.

CPU at 88% - Confirmed with both AE and the Axe.

If I move the cab (stock) or reverb block horizontally just 1 space, I get an error dialog that reads "Unable to insert block. Not enough CPU available to place the specified effect.". It then removes the block completely and the CPU usage drops as expected.

At this point I can right click and add a cab/reverb block to the grid without warning.

The strange thing about this is that I can move either block vertically with no problems.

I tried uploading a screenshot of the grid but can't seem to upload images tonight.The grid is this:

Row 3-Comp-Vol-Wah-Trem-Phaser-Drive-TM-shunt-Amp-cab-Send-Blank
Row 4-Blank-Return-Chorus-Flanger-Delay-Rotary-Blank-Blank-Blank-Blank-Reverb-Looper

Interesting. I cleared a different preset, saved and recreated the troubled preset at that location. At first the CPU was at 83% (88% in the other preset).

I added my controlers which made no difference. Added the type of distortion that I had. So I changed the default of Rat to Face Fuzz which raised the CPU usage a percent or two. Then I added the HV Tube type to the Face Fuzz which caused the CPU to jump 2 percent. So we're at 86% CPU usage.

Moved the cab and reverb around with no problem the first few times. After that, they began exhibiting the same behavior. Seems like anything over 84 or 85% causes the problem.

Yes, I can reproduce this. Bug report filed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom