Reverb and delay spillover

Davus PG

Inspired
So I am now in the Fractal Family having ordered my FX8, although it will be a few days before I receive it.

My hope is that it will replace everything else - except possibly my favourite wah.

In my current rig I use a Strymon Timeline which has two very cool features I use quite a lot: Delay preset spillover and the hold function for infinite repeats. Can I do this on the FX8?

If using scenes (which I think would be best for me) and switching delays within those, can they spill into each other?

Delay preset spillover and the hold function for infinite repeats. Can I do this on the FX8?

If using scenes (which I think would be best for me) and switching delays within those, can they spill into each other?

yes, but you have to adjust your mindset a little.

to get spillover, you have to first turn it on in the global settings menu, then you have to have the same instance of the delay or reverb block with the same settings but set to either "mute in" or "mute fx in" so that it doesn't process new signals.

this sounds really complicated, but in practice it's simple, and I suspect this is what other products are doing behind the scenes.

yes, but you have to adjust your mindset a little.

to get spillover, you have to first turn it on in the global settings menu, then you have to have the same instance of the delay or reverb block with the same settings but set to either "mute in" or "mute fx in" so that it doesn't process new signals.

this sounds really complicated, but in practice it's simple, and I suspect this is what other products are doing behind the scenes.

No that makes sense, than you.

Say I wanted say a long delay on one scene to merge with a shorter delay on another, is that possible too? So that the long delays don't end abruptly when I change scene and instead they die out as the new delay comes in?

So that the long delays don't end abruptly when I change scene and instead they die out as the new delay comes in?

yes. set up two delay blocks:

set delay block 1 to long, and turn it on in scene 1. set delay block 2 to short, and on in scene 2. since you don't want the repeats from delay 1 to be processed by delay 2, use parallel routing.

there are all kinds of other cool things you can do with scenes; e.g. you could use a scene controller attached to the delay time so that in scene 3 delay block 1 has an even longer delay time with more repeats, and scene 4 has delay block 2 with a really short slap-back echo. as long as you never switch directly from scene 1 to scene 3, or scene 2 to scene 4 you'll get lovely tails.

Last edited:
yes. set up two delay blocks:

set delay block 1 to long, and turn it on in scene 1. set delay block 2 to short, and on in scene 2. since you don't want the repeats from delay 1 to be processed by delay 2, use parallel routing.
Also you need to switch the bypass mode of the delays to mute fx in for series routing and mute in for parallel routing. This will allow the delays to "trail" when switching between scenes.

Back
Top Bottom