Returning Preset to factory default

rickbarclay

Inspired
Hi all. In my ignorance of the proper AXE modus operandi I've tweaked many presets and saved
the results without understanding that once I saved that altered preset the factory default setting
is gone. Today it came to my attention that there are certain guitar model presets available by
which I can check my guitar's tone against these stock presets via an mp3. I would like to do this, but
my presets now are different from the factory defaults.

So my question is: is there a way to restore a single preset file to its original factory default setting, and
if so, how might I do that? Many thanks for your help.

Just download the stock presets from the Fractal site and import them with Axe-Edit.

Hi all. In my ignorance of the proper AXE modus operandi I've tweaked many presets and saved
the results without understanding that once I saved that altered preset the factory default setting
is gone. Today it came to my attention that there are certain guitar model presets available by
which I can check my guitar's tone against these stock presets via an mp3. I would like to do this, but
my presets now are different from the factory defaults.

So my question is: is there a way to restore a single preset file to its original factory default setting, and
if so, how might I do that? Many thanks for your help.

"Via an mp3?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can by identifying that one preset in the Bank it came from and then using Fractal Bot to send it bakc to the Axe Fx 2. The factory bank presets are around here somewhere...

Kidsfeet, I have all three banks backed up on my hard drive. Your saying that I can load Bank A into Fractal Bot and
choose which of those presets in Bank A to load into my AXE FX? I just loaded Bank A into Fractal Bot and the only thing
I saw was a single .syx file for BAnk A, not individual files. So, maybe you're telling me there's another site other than
Fractal's web page where the individual preset files are stored? Anybody know of such a site? I had it in mind to back up
each of my preset files, but that is a long chore, and one I haven't gotten around to yet--too many other issues with
the FX II right now.

When working with banks, Fractal-Bot can only upload entire banks.

But when you load a bank into Axe-Edit (Import) you can select a single from than bank to load into the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom