returning FX8 for refund

can not figure out what seems like a calibration of expression pedal problem - no reply on help ticket from Fractal - plus the tap tempo issue - on a brand new FX8 - no choice but to get a refund - if anyone wants to purchase one, I'm sure the Fractal guys will get it working right and sell it for less - good luck to all - I'm not having any:numbness:

This is not a typical user experience to be honest.

What was the tap tempo issue? Can you link to the thread?

from all I have read, I must agree - seems not to be the typical user experience - but it is as I've said - tired of waiting for help - another issue that popped up on preset C the first time I went thru it, tried all the scenes there, but, after scene 4 it just stayed on scene 4, even when I went back to scene 1! too many bugs for brand new, out of the box - maybe I'll try it again in a year or so once they 'clean' the bugs out - and the no service response? too much... maybe the Orkin man can help... so I've been forced to ask for a refund...

oh - the tap tempo button is not functioning - doesn't change the tempo - I've seen elsewhere that I'm not the only one - they (fractal) are aware of it and working on a fix, according to what I've read - but again $1380 - it should all be spot on when new - leaves me disgusted instead - sorry to say...

I'm sorry that you're this angry. The tempo problem was acknowledged and fixed already. None of the other users have had anything close the the problems you describe with the whammy.

I'd wait another week before you bail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very much looking forward to owning the FX8 - did all kinds of research, asked questions over the phone with them, etc. - so this is a major disappointment - must be hard to understand that for all of you who are having a great time with the unit...I wish i was among you...

as I've written before - factory preset B2 scene (whammy) I plugged in exp pedal into exp input 1 - tried it - nothing - then did the calibration routine, which only gets up to 93 - and it works but only to 1/2 step below octave - did procedure many times, using both an m audio pedal and a boss ev 5 that i had to buy just to check if it was the pedal's fault - not doing what it should - what would you do? submitted a support email - looks like i gotta wait til monday on that - if it is the unit - which it seems to be - well, this depresses the hell outta me...

i'm gonna see what monday brings - i want it to work out - public venting - but if it needs to be returned for serious help, i'll just move on - thanks for the thought - over and out...

Also are you editing from unit or fx8 edit?
9593cb0f501da5bc65e1f320879e5cde.jpg

Make sure none of these settings got screwed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm gonna see what monday brings - i want it to work out - public venting - but if it needs to be returned for serious help, i'll just move on - thanks for the thought - over and out...

Word. Totally understand. If it helps: Fractal definitely cares. Summer, weekends, small companies -- they're not always the best times for support -- but you're not being ignored.

As for the bugs, Fractal moves fast. Really, really fast. Of course, there's that summer holiday/small company thing. But if there's a bug they're on top of it. Cliff and crew care deeply about the tools that build and bugs tend not to languish.

How's that for "step away from the ledge, sir"? :D

Word. Totally understand. If it helps: Fractal definitely cares. Summer, weekends, small companies -- they're not always the best times for support -- but you're not being ignored.

As for the bugs, Fractal moves fast. Really, really fast. Of course, there's that summer holiday/small company thing. But if there's a bug they're on top of it. Cliff and crew care deeply about the tools that build and bugs tend not to languish.

How's that for "step away from the ledge, sir"? :D

Here, let me help...

man+pushed+from+building+riddle.jpg

thanks for the m audio confirm - I also tried a Boss EV 5 - same problem - and the real bother is that they work fine on my (pitch factor) pedal - I'll see what Monday brings from Fractal - and make sure Axel isn't around when I'm on a tall building...

Back
Top Bottom