Retro looking AX FX III - Gator seafoam green picts

I had been looking into this as well, how would you judge the doors? I mean, would you say it's safe to take out on the road or is it more for home / studio use?

I had been looking into this as well, how would you judge the doors? I mean, would you say it's safe to take out on the road or is it more for home / studio use?
I take it out, but definitely not for serious road use. The back is open. I’ll find a way to take care of that.
I’d say treat it like a typical open back tube amp.

Looks great! I use the Tweed one - did a video on them on my YT channel - link in sig. I dig it - gives a cool modern/retro vibe to your kit.

I was looking at picking one of these up for my power amp/in-ear monitors. Looks great! What's the weight like? The last rack I had that wasn't an SKB seemed to weigh a ton. (Carvin road warrior or something like that)

I was looking at picking one of these up for my power amp/in-ear monitors. Looks great! What's the weight like? The last rack I had that wasn't an SKB seemed to weigh a ton. (Carvin road warrior or something like that)
These are fairly light, easy to carry. Looking all vintage retro you want to think it is 50lbs like an old tube head

FYI I can DIY a rack case pretty easily for about $10 to in wood, $10 in hardware and like $10-15 in Tolex

I built this as a 5u without any fancy tools other than an electric drill for starting wood screw holes. Had Home Depot cut the boards. Used wood glue for the Tolex.

60BAD963-CAB7-4026-A323-8ACCAE54858C.jpeg

Not to say the turn key is a bad product but the cost seems rather high to me for basically a Tolex covered wood box

FYI I can DIY a rack case pretty easily for about $10 to in wood, $10 in hardware and like $10-15 in Tolex

I built this as a 5u without any fancy tools other than an electric drill for starting wood screw holes. Had Home Depot cut the boards. Used wood glue for the Tolex.

View attachment 68543

Not to say the turn key is a bad product but the cost seems rather high to me for basically a Tolex covered wood box
Very nice! The only problem I would have is that I would want a cover for the front when transporting to and from gigs.

Back
Top Bottom