Retaining user defined presets when updating firmware

Rich G.

Experienced
I run into this occasionally when updating firmware and was wondering what the best process to follow would be...

I have about 20 user designed presets. I'd like to retain these presets when loading new firmware and new preset banks. Can I save these presets on the Axe and recall them after the upgrade process? Should I save them to my computer? Are my old presets going to be compatible with the new version of firmware?

You can save them on your computer, then overwrite everything with the new preset banks and restore your patches. They'll work just fine but depending on what changes were in the firmware, may not sound the same.

I always do an on-board backup of my system setting/Bank A-C presets, and a backup to my laptop just to be sure. Dont load the factory presets until you backup your 20 user presets.

Hey

Is there option for like this. I want only that new firmware update ,but I don't want those presets what have that new firmware? Can I keep my own presets and A B and C banks safe, whitout touching those at all?

I always do an on-board backup of my system setting/Bank A-C presets, and a backup to my laptop just to be sure. Dont load the factory presets until you backup your 20 user presets.

Back
Top Bottom