RESOLVED Issue Installing Fractal Bot 3.00.17 Win7 64 - "Entry Point Not Found in USER32.dll"

Goonie

Inspired
EDIT: This morning I ran Fractal-Bot from the "Tools" menu in FM9 Edit and it worked like a champ.

I attempted to install the latest Fractal Bot from the FAS site (3.00.17) 64bit. After install and attempting to run it, I received this error.
I am pretty tech savvy.... restarted PC.... tried uninstalling first then reinstalling, etc.
I read up on it a little and gathered that maybe Windows 7 doesn't have that specific entry point within the USER32.dll
I assume some of you are running Win7 still? I'm running Win7, 64 Bit, SP1
Any assistance would be appreciated. Hopefully it's just operator error.

2023-07-19 Fractal-Bot.PNG

Last edited:
EDIT: This morning I ran Fractal-Bot from the "Tools" menu in FM9 Edit and it worked like a champ.

I attempted to install the latest Fractal Bot from the FAS site (3.00.17) 64bit. After install and attempting to run it, I received this error.
I am pretty tech savvy.... restarted PC.... tried uninstalling first then reinstalling, etc.
I read up on it a little and gathered that maybe Windows 7 doesn't have that specific entry point within the USER32.dll
I assume some of you are running Win7 still? I'm running Win7, 64 Bit, SP1
Any assistance would be appreciated. Hopefully it's just operator error.

View attachment 123746
Thanks for posting this workaround, I do appreciate it.
This issue began for me with the install of Fractal-Bot 3.0.18 as well (Windows 7 OS). I've tried the usual uninstall/reinstall fractal-bot, uninstall/reinstall C++ Redistributable, reboots of everything, all to no avail.
I haven't tried to re-register the USER32.dll, or running this on my Win10 machine as of yet, but I suspect that would cure this ailment.
Win7 may have turned the corner here.

Back
Top Bottom