Not a Bug (Resolved) CPU behavior has me stumped...

At the expense of a fair bit of CPU... And the Reverb on FM9 is "free" ;)
True, but it is worth it. I use the 2 reverbs in my case as well, one parallel to the whole wet chain, one before the delays and then plex just before the amps.

True, but it is worth it. I use the 2 reverbs in my case as well, one parallel to the whole wet chain, one before the delays and then plex just before the amps.
Can you still hear something that resembles a guitar? 😂😂

Did you play around with the plex block yet? It can do ambient verbs better than the reverb block imho.
Yeah I was using the Plex back in the day for more ambient stuff, but I'm out of CPU for that at the moment.
I've literally been able to throw together a preset and work on it for maybe an hour to make it functional for some recent sets but haven't gotten a chance to really dial stuff in or even try your preset yet!

I'm happy with the MercuryX for reverb separately, I just wish I could use that part of the CPU extra in the unit. FM9 is a bit funny in that I'll be at the 80% borderline but can still just add a whole leftover reverb block for basically no change in CPU.
I do still use one reverb block on my parallel delays just for a bit of air on those so they're not completely dry.

Yeah I discovered the Channel switching on a Bypassed block affecting CPU issue after being stumped for awhile since I seem to always be maxing out. The Pitch Block and the Plex Delay Blocks are really the ones that kill me as I need both of them for the style of music I play. I know some get away with running over 80% on the FM9, but if you are using scenes, then the scene switching gets laggy. If in Stomp mode maybe it is a little more forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom