Reset and restore FM3

fsharpminor

Inspired
Had my first ever crash last night. FM 3 firware 8. Unit froze on a preset during a show. Audio still worked but I couldn’t use foot switches for anything. It was quite near end of show so I made it work. Normally I use my FM9 but I am in the US so was using my fly rig. Haven’t used it for a while. I would like to wipe the FM3 of all its settings and reinstall from a back up, is there a way of doing this?

I would like to wipe the FM3 of all its settings and reinstall from a back up, is there a way of doing this?
Yes, there is.

1) Make sure you actually have a full backup.

2) Reset system settings.

3) Clear all of your presets.

4) Restore from your backup.

The factory support page has two articles that might help:
The first article resets the system's parameters but doesn't touch any presets or cabs.

The second article will completely reset the system plus remove factory and user presets and cabs then restore the factory presets to the factory-fresh system. If your backup is for the system+globals+fc, along with all the preset and cab banks, then it shouldn't be necessary to reinstall the factory presets as they'll already be contained in the A-C bank and cab bank files and will be reloaded when you do the restore.

It's not necessary to do both procedures, just read through the articles and see which feels like a better fit for your needs. The first takes a few seconds, the second article takes longer because of the restore process.

The first article resets the system's parameters but doesn't touch any presets or cabs.

The second article will completely reset the system plus remove factory and user presets and cabs then restore the factory presets to the factory-fresh system. If your backup is for the system+globals+fc, along with all the preset and cab banks, then it shouldn't be necessary to reinstall the factory presets as they'll already be contained in the A-C bank and cab bank files and will be reloaded when you do the restore.

It's not necessary to do both procedures, just read through the articles and see which feels like a better fit for your needs. The first takes a few seconds, the second article takes longer because of the restore process.
I will follow that advice. Thanks

Ive done the full reset, but now the main display on the fm3 does show the current song when I am in layout 8 (setlist) mode? How do I get it to do this?

Ignore the above, Ive worked it out.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom