Reset Amp Block without touching Authentic Controls

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
I don't think this is possible right now, but when I reset an amp block I almost always wish it was resetting only the deep parameters. I pretty much never want it to touch the authentic parameters (i.e. gain, tonestack, MV) which is what I have dialed in for most presets.

This would be really useful to me when loading an old preset and not sure which FW it was built on or upgrading FW and checking presets. This is really like 90%+ of my use of the reset block function.

I would think that between firmware versions the modeling changes enough you’d still need to often tweak the other controls too

I think I remember that something about the firmware when you are in authentic mode it requires a more deep reset but in ideal mode, it's the old soft reset. For a workaround, you could set it to ideal mode, do the reset & then go back to authentic mode. Also, Fractool has settings you can exclude from a reset but I'm not 100% sure it works on the III. I tried it recently on a Mesa Boogie amp (didn't feel like redoing the V eq again for the umpteenth time) & all the settings still got reset but it might have been operator error.

I selected numerous parameters like the amp graphic eq, BMT, master vol to be excluded from being reset but everything including those parameters got reset.

I would think that between firmware versions the modeling changes enough you’d still need to often tweak the other controls too
FWIW, not IME. Unless the tone stack is changing the main controls on the FAS models are supposed to mimic the IRL amp as close as possible except for presence and MV tapers and even then I would not expect the pot values/sweeps to change unless noted in the release notes. Deep Params? Absolutely.

But the main controls usually require only minor adjustments or none at all; so previous settings for those are a much better starting point than all noon or whatever.

IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom