Request: Patch for Drop tuning

It feels like I'm very close, yet so far away...

I spent most of yesterday afternoon before giving up trying to make a guitar tuned in D-Standard sound like a guitar tuned in B or even C. While the Low-E triplets sound convincing B, when I hold a power chord, it sounds fake. I did some search and there was a thread where they suggest using the Patch No. 23 'Down Full step' as a starting point. Copied the settings exactly. My chain Pitch -> OD pedal -> PVY 5150 -> Reverb -> FXL -> ART SLA-2 -> 2x12's.

Does anyone have a patch that emulates a two full steps or at least a full step down tuning? Somewhere in the wiki I read that we have to use a delay fx block set for detuning? That post did not have any settings.

thanks!
Sam

I know it's not what you wan't to hear but it's always going to sound better to tune the actual guitar down.

P.S And use massive strings ;)

we tune 1/2 down and do a few drop c songs, at the gig friday i used the the same guitar (parker with d-thing) for regular, drop d and drop c songs.. didnt have to change once. I'll shoot up my patch when i get home.

thanks dperterson. :)

Metallifan said:
I know it's not what you wan't to hear but it's always going to sound better to tune the actual guitar down.

P.S And use massive strings ;)

Yeah, I know you're right. Even though I got a D-standard guitar to sound "close" to a C-standard, when I tried to re-create the patch for a clean sound, man, was it way off! The distortion "hides" all the latency.

Since the thread last year, has anyone tried running a Morpheus Droptune with the Axe? :p

sorry for the delay man, just rebuilt my rack yesterday (back to the back breaker) and still hooking up crap... i believe i nabbed it from dweezils eruption patch, as he used it to go 1/2 step down. i'll get it on here tomorrow.

here you go, we do a few drop c songs.. we already tune 1/2 step down, so i use this with a guitar in drop d to give me drop c. I played the whole gig with one guitar... awesome.

Attachments

• HalfStepDown.syx
    2 KB · Views: 113
  • HalfStepDown-Clean.syx
    2 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom