Request: Kid Rock "All summer long" tone?

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I'm not a Kid Rock fan, but the song "All summer long" has one particular guitar tone that I have no idea how to get out of the Axe. If you take a listen (http://www.kidrock.com, select Media > Music, and then pick "All summer long"), at around 1:18 is when that tone comes on. It's the old "Sweet Home Alabama" lick all over again, but the tone is in an area that I can't replicate - I wouldn't even know where to start.

Anyone?

This probably won't be much help, and I'm not a tone guru by any means, but I'm guessing that I hear some compression on that sound. LP -> comp -> marshall set pretty clean?? Doesn't sound like a fender or vox to me, but again, I'm no tone guru, so what the hell do I know?

:D

gdgross said:
This probably won't be much help, and I'm not a tone guru by any means, but I'm guessing that I hear some compression on that sound. LP -> comp -> marshall set pretty clean?? Doesn't sound like a fender or vox to me, but again, I'm no tone guru, so what the hell do I know?

:D
LP as in Les Paul? I don't have very good ears, but I was sure I was hearing some typical out-of-phase (i.e. strat) tone underneath that bit of grit? No?

I have to admit I never ever played a Les Paul, so my understanding of their tone is nil.

vaxed said:
The guy definitely plays a Strat.

See, what did tell you? What the hell do I know?? :lol: On second listen, you're right. I do hear the spankiness. I still think there is some compression on there, though.

Back
Top Bottom