REQUEST: FRACBOT Show DynaCab Current Version Installed

Joe.Buerger

Inspired
I'm installing Firmware 23.02. I can see where I can install both Firmware 23.02 and DynaCab 1.05. It shows me I have 23.00 beta installed on Axe-FX III, but I have no idea what version of DynaCab I have installed. Should I update, or do I already have that version installed. Time to dig into the front panel... Well, I did and it doesn't say what version of DynaCab I'm running. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm extremely thankful and appreciative of all the continued updates.

Until it becomes automatic just note the date and release version on the dyna_cabs syx file.
It is still Jun 9, 2023 like it was when it was released.

This is disheartening. I was hoping the platform will expand.
There was a comment that additional bass cabs are going to be released:

Post in thread 'Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #6 (Beta 12)'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-00-public-beta-6-beta-12.194655/post-2426909
A subsequent release in a couple months will feature the addition of some more bass cabs. Blue Oyster Cult is allowing us to capture some of their bass cabs. IIRC this includes an 8x10 SVT and a couple other iconic cabs.

At that point I expect the internal DynaCabs will be complete, and additional packs will be external to be used with CabLab from 3rd-parties.

There was a comment that additional bass cabs are going to be released:

Post in thread 'Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #6 (Beta 12)'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-00-public-beta-6-beta-12.194655/post-2426909

At that point I expect the internal DynaCabs will be complete, and additional packs will be external to be used with CabLab from 3rd-parties.
They’ve effectively taken a roundabout workflow, fixed the problem, just to expand it based on the same roundable workflow. I’ll pay, just please expand the cab block with additional cabs.

They’ve effectively taken a roundabout workflow, fixed the problem, just to expand it based on the same roundable workflow. I’ll pay, just please expand the cab block with additional cabs.
I don't see a "problem" to be fixed.

I think this is an intentional design choice.

The DynaCabs take a lot of space. Only so many can fit on the hardware.

I don't see a "problem" to be fixed.

I think this is an intentional design choice.

The DynaCabs take a lot of space. Only so many can fit on the hardware.
For my workflow, dynacabs fixed a problem. Having to shoot my amp sound out of the FAS to a stand alone app for cab then back in always stunk but I lived with it. Along came dynacabs and answered my prayers. I’m grateful for what we have, but it looks like it’ll remain a greatest hits and aftermarket cabs will be back to the same old workflow. I already have over 200 cabs in the competitions platform. Getting them IN the FAS was the selling point for me.
I think a happy medium would be let me drag in x amount of them just like an IR if that’s possible. This way I can buy the aftermarket stuff, keep my workflow and choose what I want in the III.

Back
Top Bottom