Request for some quick 9.0 amp model samples

marshall2553

Power User
I've been lurking here for a while trying to convince myself not to buy an Axe-Fx and it's not working especially after reading the release notes for 9.0. What would really help push me over the edge is to hear a clip with a really quick run through of the amp models, with just the default cabs and no effects except maybe some reverb. The amp/cab models is where the POD really disappoints me and I'd like to hear what the Axe-Fx can do. There are some great clips here and on youtube but very few spotlighting just the amps and those only cover a handful of models. Thanks!

marshall2553 said:
I've been lurking here for a while trying to convince myself not to buy an Axe-Fx and it's not working especially after reading the release notes for 9.0. What would really help push me over the edge is to hear a clip with a really quick run through of the amp models, with just the default cabs and no effects except maybe some reverb. The amp/cab models is where the POD really disappoints me and I'd like to hear what the Axe-Fx can do. There are some great clips here and on youtube but very few spotlighting just the amps and those only cover a handful of models. Thanks!
It's going to be really hard to get anyone to go through every single amp and cab combination... it would probably be quicker if you just bought one and if you didn't like it, return it within the 14-day policy. On that note... Fremen has a great post, he shows pretty much what the Axe-fx is capable of doing (pre 9.00 of course)... Good Luck!!! :D

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6276

Thanks mortega76, I know it may take a few minutes. One thing I may have been unclear on though, I don't want every amp/cab combination. Just a quick sample of each amp model with whatever cab it defaults to.

marshall2553 said:
Thanks mortega76, I know it may take a few minutes. One thing I may have been unclear on though, I don't want every amp/cab combination. Just a quick sample of each amp model with whatever cab it defaults to.
The amp and cab models are independent of each other... if you change one, the other will not change... there is a bank floating around that does just what you asked but someone would have to load that bank and cycle through the 128 presets... Seriously, 9.00 has raised the bar (via my in ear phones so far, I'll find out tonight how it sounds at practice) from previous firmwares... Fremen's clips are the best one's around... my stuff is there too, mainly more high gain clips from my band PigWeed... they are all at www.soundclick.com/pigweed if you want to take a listen.

mortega76 said:
The amp and cab models are independent of each other... if you change one, the other will not change... there is a bank floating around that does just what you asked but someone would have to load that bank and cycle through the 128 presets... Seriously, 9.00 has raised the bar (via my in ear phones so far, I'll find out tonight how it sounds at practice) from previous firmwares... Fremen's clips are the best one's around... my stuff is there too, mainly more high gain clips from my band PigWeed... they are all at http://www.soundclick.com/pigweed if you want to take a listen.

Oh, didn't realize that. I've checked out your clips, excellent tone and I really dig Ascending. I think you're right, I just need to buy it and return it if I'm not blown away.

marshall2553 said:
mortega76 said:
The amp and cab models are independent of each other... if you change one, the other will not change... there is a bank floating around that does just what you asked but someone would have to load that bank and cycle through the 128 presets... Seriously, 9.00 has raised the bar (via my in ear phones so far, I'll find out tonight how it sounds at practice) from previous firmwares... Fremen's clips are the best one's around... my stuff is there too, mainly more high gain clips from my band PigWeed... they are all at http://www.soundclick.com/pigweed if you want to take a listen.

Oh, didn't realize that. I've checked out your clips, excellent tone and I really dig Ascending. I think you're right, I just need to buy it and return it if I'm not blown away.
Awesome, thanks for listening to the tracks... I really want to record something with 9.00, but I probably won't have time until next week to do anything... Definitely take xpenno on his offer... what style of music are you looking for in your clips?

Back
Top Bottom